11 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area
11 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about recently. The personnel does its best to investigate the further chains of infection and to contact trace those that have been exposed. It has been possible to trace about 70 percent of the recent infections on an individual level, and the place or event that served as source of the infection can be traced in about 90 percent of the cases.
Yesterday, a new record was reached in Soite when it comes to coronavirus tests as 917 tests were taken in one day. The laboratory analytics is congested because of the large number of tests and therefore the test results come later than usual. 2.9% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
In the last 14 days, 135 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area and the incidence is currently 174/100 000 citizens during 14 days. One person who has been infected with the coronavirus is cared for at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
New possible exposure situations:
- Friday 14th of May 4.30 - 6.00 pm horserace in Kaustinen
The list of all possible places of exposure can be found at Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/possible-exposures-to-covid-19/. The most recent places of exposure will also be listed on the front page of Soite’s coronavirus website. Places where exposure may have occurred are added onto Soite’s coronavirus website as needed.
As we informed earlier, some of the coronavirus infections in the extensive chain have been confirmed as the Indian variant of the coronavirus. The same instructions on preventing infections apply to coronavirus variants:
- reduce the number of close contact to a minimum - avoid all unnecessary social gatherings!
- be sure to use a face mask carefully - the recommendation on the use of face masks apply to all persons over the age of 12!
- remember to keep a safe distance of 2 metres!
- maintain good hand hygiene
- follow the regional regulations and recommendations
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at: www.omaolo.fi/?lang=eng.
- By calling Soite’s coronavirus helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7). If your health requires urgent care, call Soite’s Medical Helpline, 116 117.
We are pleased with how active the residents in the area have been in going to coronavirus testing. However, we would like to remind everyone that you cannot come to the drive-in testing site without booking and appointment beforehand. We also ask you to please observe that an appointment must be booked, online or by phone, for everyone who comes to a testing site. For example, the whole family cannot come to the coronavirus testing site if you have only booked an appointment in one person’s name. In order for the testing process to work smoothly, the personnel at the testing site needs to know beforehand who comes for a test. The personnel then has the personal information and the laboratory referrals ready before the testing.
Those that get a positive test result always receive a call from Soite and a negative test result can be checked in the Omakanta service. Alternatively, you are sent a text message if you have given permission for sending text messages.
There are answers on Soite’s coronavirus website https://korona.soite.fi/en/corona-virus-info/ to many questions regarding the coronavirus.