11 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area
Another 11 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about lately. The majority of the new infections have been confirmed in people who were already in quarantine. No new extensive mass exposures have come to light after the exposure at Lucina Hagmanin koulu (information in Finnish).
There is still a risk that new extensive exposure situations can occur. Soite’s unit for the prevention of the spread of infectious diseases stresses that the quarantine rules have to be observed and that you should not go to work nor participate in hobbies if you have even the slightest symptoms indicative of the coronavirus.
Information about a possible exposure situations:
- Saturday 15th of May 10 am to 1 pm the petting zoo Toivosen eläinpuisto
- Sunday 16th of May 10 am to 11 am Minimani, Kokkola
- Monday 17th of May about 9 am to 11 am Motorset, Kannus
- Monday 17th of May 8 am to 9 am Koivusaari, Kannus
- Monday 17th of May 6 to 7 pm S-Market, Kälviä
The list of all possible places of exposure can be found at: https://korona.soite.fi/en/possible-exposures-to-covid-19/. The most recent places of exposure will also be listed on the front page. The list of places of exposure is updated on Soite’s coronavirus website as needed.
Yesterday, 622 coronavirus samples were taken in Soite. The congestion of samples is still being processed, which delays the test results. The completed processing of the samples may result in higher daily numbers of new infections reported in the coming days.
Over 14 days, a total of 156 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite and the incidence of infections is currently 200 /100 000 citizens One COVID-19 patient is currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia’s central hospital.
The same coronavirus guidelines for infection prevention also apply regarding virus mutations:
- reduce the number of close contact to a minimum - i.e. avoid all unnecessary social gatherings!
- be sure to use a protective mask – mask use is recommended for everyone older than 12 years!
- maintain a safety distance of 2 meters
- maintain good hand hygiene
- follow the regional regulations and recommendations