11 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area
Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 19th of May 2021
Because of the worsened coronavirus situation, Soite’s coronavirus task group will gather on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and as necessary. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
11 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about lately. Most of the new infections that have been confirmed are present in people who were already in quarantine. No new extensive mass exposures have occurred.
Yesterday, 647 coronavirus samples were taken in Soite. Laboratory analytics are congested due to large volumes of samples, which means test results are delayed. The completed processing of the samples may result in higher daily numbers of new infections reported in the coming days.
Over 14 days, a total of 146 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite and the incidence of infections is currently 188 /100 000 citizens. One COVID-19 patient is currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia’s central hospital.
No new possible exposure situations have been confirmed. The list of all possible places of exposure can be found at the address https://korona.soite.fi/en/possible-exposures-to-covid-19/. The most recent places of exposure will also be listed on the front page. The list of places where exposures may have occurred will be completed on Soite’s coronavirus website as needed.
The same corona guidelines for infection prevention also apply regarding virus mutations:
- reduce the number of close contact to a minimum - i.e. avoid all unnecessary social gatherings!
- be sure to use a protective mask – mask use is recommended for everyone older than 12 years!
- maintain a safety distance of 2 meters
- maintain good hand hygiene
- follow regional recommendations and restrictions
Changes in Soite during the coronavirus pandemic
Due to the rapidly worsened coronavirus situation, there will be changes in Soite as follows, primarily until the 30th of May 2021:
- Health care services:
- Lohtaja health care station remains closed until 30th of May 2021
- the outpatient clinics at the central hospital will only accept patients in urgent need of care
- within the school health care, no medical examinations will be arranged
- within the oral health care, dental health examinations for schoolchildren will be on a hiatus.
- Services for families:
- within the social and mental health care services it is recommended that personnel work from home and use remote reception, but it will be ensured that clients have physical access to these services if needed
- rehabilitating work activities are organized with special arrangements
- at child health clinics and within school and student health care it is recommended that personnel work from home and use remote reception, but it will be ensured that clients have physical access to these services if needed
- at child health clinics and within school and student health care, house visits will only be carried out if necessary and only to families with no symptoms of coronavirus infection
- at maternity clinics, only the pregnant person may come to appointments
- at child health clinics, only one parent can accompany the child to an appointment
- both parents may participate during extensive medical examinations provided they are symptom free
- school nurses at schools currently using distance education have been transferred to working with tracing the infections, and are currently unavailable
- within the specialised health care for children and young people it is recommended that personnel work from home and use remote reception, but it has to be ensured that clients have physical access to these services if needed
- Care and nursing
- The health centre for the elderly, Daalia, pauses its activities until 6th of June.
- eSenior activity is paused
- Day activities for the elderly are paused until the 20th of June. We will keep in touch with families in other manners.
- Soite’s gyms at Honkaharju activity centre and Kuusikumpu senior housing unit are closed.
- Non-urgent client advisory services are on hiatus. Acute assessments of service needs are carried out.
- There may be changes at the geriatric outpatient clinic. Clients will be contacted separately regarding changes that affect them.
All coronavirus-related changes in the opening hours of Soite’s services can be found on the corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/measures-in-soite/