11 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area — restrictions on social gatherings in hobbies were tightened
Today Friday 21st of May 2021 both Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group and Soite’s coronavirus task group gathered for an extra meeting. Another 11 coronavirus cases have again been confirmed in Soite’s area and the regional recommendations for hobbies outdoors were tightened to max 10 participants.
11 new coronavirus cases have again been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about lately. The majority of the new infections have been confirmed in people who are already in quarantine, but infections among people who are not in quarantine are still being confirmed and the source of these has not been established with certainty.
The congestion of coronavirus samples is still being processed, which delays the test results. The completed processing of the samples may result in higher daily numbers of new infections reported in the coming days.
Two COVID-19 patients are currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia’s central hospital.
The incidence of coronavirus infections in the area is still rising and there is still a risk that new extensive exposure situations can occur.
Information about a possible exposure:
- Tuesday May 18th 6 am to 2 pm S-Market Kälviä
- Wednesday May 19th 6 am to 2 pm S-Market Kälviä
The list of all possible places of exposure can be found at: https://korona.soite.fi/en/possible-exposures-to-covid-19/
Soite is concerned about the information that the isolation and quarantine instructions have not been followed by everyone. Soite wishes to remind everyone that breaking a quarantine ordered by an infectious disease physician is illegal. Soite will, if needed, request assistance from the police.
The same corona guidelines for infection prevention also apply regarding virus mutations:
- reduce the number of close contact to a minimum - avoid all unnecessary social gatherings!
- be sure to use a protective mask – mask use is recommended for everyone older than 12 years!
- maintain a safety distance of 2 meters
- maintain good hand hygiene
- follow regional recommendations and restrictions
We also ask that quarantined people exposed to the coronavirus only contact Soite through one contact channel, in order to avoid the same matter being handled by several professionals at the same time. Concentrating all communication to one channel (e.g. BuddyCare or the helpline) makes the job easier for Soite’s professionals.
The regional COVID-19 task group tightened restrictions on social gatherings in hobbies
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Friday May 21st 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional recommendations. Soite’s area is in the community transmission phase, and thus the authority group has issued stricter regional recommendations regarding social gatherings in hobbies:
- Hobbies outdoors in groups of max 10 people are possible in accordance with the recommendations issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture and THL’s recommendations (in Finnish).
The tighter restrictions in hobbies will take effect immediately and will remain in effect until 1st of June 2021, as will other regional recommendations. All current regulations and recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing well within Soite’s area and it is expected that Soite will receive a larger number of vaccine doses due to the worsened epidemic situation. Excluding additional deliveries, 5700 corona vaccine doses will become available next week, of which 3700 are intended for persons receiving their first dose. It is estimated that in Soite’s area there are currently about 5000 persons who have a right to their first vaccine dose.
Currently, vaccination is open for all residents over the age of 50 as well as 16–64-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 or 2 and have an illness or condition that is very highly or highly predisposing to severe coronavirus disease.
Appointment booking by phone will open anew on Tuesday 25th of May 2021 at 12 noon and more appointments will also become available in the Omahoito electronic appointment booking system on Tuesday at 12 noon.
- Electronic appointment booking in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fi is open for all groups currently eligible for vaccination. More appointments will become available on Tuesday at 12 noon. Log on to the Omahoito service with your online bank user identifiers (or some other means of strong identification) in order to book an appointment for yourself. Days on which appointment times are available will be marked with green in the web calendar. You can book an appointment for another person if you have made an agreement regarding this. Read more: https://www.soite.fi/toisen_puolesta_asiointi (in Finnish).
- Telephone booking on 06 828 7488 opens Tuesdays at 12 noon. The telephone line is open as long as appointments are available. The line will be cut when the number of available appointments runs out. At other times, those who call will hear a message on the phone. You can also book an appointment for an elderly person by phone.
Appointment times will be added to the electronic booking system at other times as well if they become available due to cancellations or sudden increases in the number of vaccines. The Omahoito service is open 24/7. Days on which appointment times are available will be marked with green in the web calendar.
Please follow Soite’s channels on the web and on social media as well as the local media in order to see when your age group has the right to a vaccination!