21 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Soite’s area
21 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about during the last few days. About 920 people are in quarantine and another few hundreds are in self-quarantine.
During 14 days a total of 101 coronavirus infections have been confirmed and the incidence of infection is currently 130 / 100 000 residents in the Soite area. Of the coronavirus tests, about 2,7 percent are positive. One patient is currently being treated for COVID-19 at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The regional COVID-19 authority task group gathers today to evaluate whether the area should be reclassified as being in the community transmission phase. Furthermore, Soite will meet with Kannus’ educational insitutions today to discuss possible safety measures in the schools.
The planned number of surgeries at the central hospital have to be reduced. Restrictions on visits will be implemented at Soite’s departments and housing service units. All visits have to be agreed beforehand.
Coronavirus infections are now spreding quickly among young people especialli in Kokkola and Kannus. We strongly urge young people in the region to avoid all social gatherings so that we can slow down the epidemic and achieve a better situation for the summer. It is also important to prevent the virus from spreading to risk groups. Let’s now adhere to stricter restrictions for a few weeks, and we’ll have a more corona-free summer!
As prevously informed, some of the coronavirus infections in the chain of infection have been confirmed to be of the Indian variant. The same coronavirus guidelines for infection prevention also apply regarding virus mutations:
- reduce the number of close contacts to a minimum - i.e. avoid all unnecessary social gatherings!
- be sure to use a face mask carefully
- keep a safety distance of 2 meters to other people
- maintain good hand hygiene
- follow the regional regulations and recommendations
Addition 3.13 pm:
Potential exposure for the coronavirus:
- Tues 11th May 6 pm to 7.30 pm soccer hall Kipparihalli in Kokkola
- Thurs 13th of May 5 pm to 5.30 Kasipiste in Ruotsalo
- Fri 14th May 12 noon to 3 pm department store J.Kärkkäinen, Ylivieska (especially Fresh!Burger 1 pm to 1.30 pm)
- Fri 14th of May 5 pm to 5.30 pm Restaurant Casa, Lohtaja
The list of all possible places of exposure can be found at Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/corona-virus-info/
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms.
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.
We are pleased with how active the residents in the area have been in going to coronavirus testing. However, we would like to remind everyone that you cannot come to the drive-in testing site without booking and appointment beforehand. We also ask you to please observe that an appointment must be booked, online or by phone, for everyone who comes to a testing site. For example, the whole family cannot come to the coronavirus testing site if you have only booked an appointment in one person’s name. In order for the testing process to work smoothly, the personnel at the testing site needs to know beforehand who comes for a test. The personnel then has the personal information and the laboratory referrals ready before the testing.
Soite calls anyone who gets a positive test result and a negative test result can be checked via your My Kanta Pages or you will receive a text message if you have given permission for this.
The answer to many of the corona-related questions that you are worried about can be found here on Soite’s corona website https://korona.soite.fi/en/corona-virus-info/