A recommendation on the use of face masks
Updated 14th of September
A recommendation on the use of face masks applies to Central Ostrobothnia, for even though the situation is calm in the area, it is to be expected that there will be occasional coronavirus cases during the autumn. The recommendation on the use of face mask is therefore applied preemptively.
The use of face masks is recommended for people over the age of 15:
- in public transport and in the transport of persons who belong to an at-risk group
- when going to coronavirus tests
- when returning to Finland from a risk country
- face masks can also be used in other situations, if it is impossible to maintain safe social distances.
A face mask is one method for preventing the spread of coronavirus infections. It is still of utmost importance to maintain:
- a safety distance of 1–2 meters anytime this is possible
- to wash one’s hands
- to cough into one’s elbow or into a disposable handkerchief
- to avoid touching one’s face
- to avoid public places if one has symptoms.