A recommendation on the use of face masks
Has been updated on the 13th of January 2021
The Soite region has moved into base level. A broader recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in Central Ostrobothnia.
The use of face masks is recommended for people over the age of 12:
- in public spaces, stores and in other places when running errands outside the home
- in public transport and in the transport of persons who belong to an at-risk group
- at upper secondary institutes (vocational training and upper secondary schools) and at universities of applied sciences and universities
- in junior high schools in the area (students in grades 7 to 9)
- when going to coronavirus tests
- when returning to Finland from a risk country
- face masks can also be used in other situations, if it is impossible to maintain safe social distances.
A face mask is one method for preventing the spread of coronavirus infections.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Use a mask
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance to other people
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it's your turn