A recommendation on the use of face masks
The page has been updated on the 16th of June 2021
Central Ostrobothnia is from 16th of June 2021 on the baseline when it comes to the epidemiological situation of the coronavirus. A recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in Central Ostrobothnia.
Use of a face mask is recommended for all persons older than 12, even those who have been vaccinated:
- in public places such as shops and in other places outside the home
- in public transport and when transporting people who belong to a risk group
- when going to a coronavirus test
- when returning to Finland from a risk country
- you can also use masks in other situations if it is impossible to maintain safety distances.
A face mask is one method for preventing the spread of coronavirus infections.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Use a mask
- Wash your hands
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance (2 metres!) to other people
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it's your turn