Soite’s area is in the acceleration phase — five new infections and stricter regional recommendations
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Tuesday May 11th 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional recommendations. Soite’s area meets the key figures of the acceleration phase, so the regional recommendations regarding social gatherings will be made stricter and the students at Kokkolan ammattiopisto (Kokkola vocational school) will switch to distance learning. Five new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are related to the extensive chain of infection we have informed about before.
Last week (week 18), a total of 20 new coronavirus infections were confirmed in Soite’s area. The percentage of positive samples was 1.2% (number of tests circa 1600) Over the past 14 days, a total of 26 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area and the incidence of infections during the last 14 days is currently 33.5/100,000 citizens. No patients are currently receiving treatment for COVID-19 at the Central Hospital.
The coronavirus situation in the area has become significantly worse during the past week and the situation is serious. Soite’s area meets the key indicators of the acceleration phase and it is therefore necessary to make the regional recommendations stricter. The changes to the recommendations are as follows:
- the recommendation for private gatherings indoors is max 10 people
- the recommendation for private gatherings outdoors is max 20 people
- all indoor recreational activities for adults and children will be suspended
- In Kokkola, the students at Kokkola vocational campus (ammattikampuksen oppimisympäristö) who study at Keski-Pohjanmaan ammattiopisto, Kokkolan kaupungin ammattilukio and Ammattiopisto Luovi will switch to distance learning between May 12th and 23rd 2021.
- Students, teachers and others who may have visited Kokkola vocational campus on Wednesday May 5th or after that will be in self-quarantine.
The new regional coronavirus recommendations remain in effect from May 12th to May 23rd 2021. All current regulations and recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
In the Regional State Administrative Agency’s (AVI) current decision, the maximum number of participants in public events and public gatherings is 50 people. The Agency will inform separately about possible changes to the restrictions on numbers of participants.
We now ask everyone to observe the coronavirus recommendations carefully. It is now very important to keep the number of close contacts to a minimum and to be mindful of proper use of face masks, maintain a safety distance of 2 meters and practice good hand hygiene. Unnecessary social gatherings should be avoided! The coronavirus hygiene instructions and regional recommendations for the prevention of coronavirus infection must be followed.
The regional COVID-19 authority task group has its next meeting on Wednesday 19th of May 2021 or earlier if the situation requires it.
The situation today
Five new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about during the last few days and which started at a first of May brunch.
No new places of mass exposure have been added to the list. Possible situations of exposure:
- Sunday 2nd of May between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Word of Faith Church Finland church service, Kokkola.
- Tuesday 4th of May between 6.30 a.m. and 7.30 a.m. the gym Kuntokeskus Liikku, Kokkola.
- Tuesday 4th of May between 4.30 pm to 6 pm the gym Kuntokeskus Liikku, Kokkola.
- Tuesday 4th of May between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari, Kokkola.
- Wednesday 5th of May between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Keski-Pohjanmaan ammattiopisto (the unit at Närvilänkatu 8), the Jobsteri event, Kokkola.
- Wednesday 5th of May between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Kokkolan keilahalli (Kokkola bowling alley)
- Wednesday 5th of May between 7 p.m. and 8.30 p.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari, Kokkola.
- Friday 7th of May from 8 am to 16 pm Rengasmarket, Kokkola.
- Thursday 6th of May 2021 circa 6.50 am to 7.30 am Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kaustinen and Kokkola vocational school campus (Kokkolan ammattikampus).
- Thursday 6th of May 2021 circa 1.45 pm to 2.30 pm Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kokkola vocational school campus (Kokkolan ammattikampus) and Kaustinen.
- Thursday 6th of May 2021 circa 3.10 pm to 4.10 pm Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kokkola vocational school (Kokkolan ammattikampus) campus and Kaustinen.
- Friday 7th of May 2021 circa 6.50 am to 7.30 am Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kaustinen and Kokkola vocational school campus.
- Friday 7th of May 2021 circa 12.00 noon to 12.45 pm Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kokkola vocational school campus and Kaustinen.
- Friday 7th of May 2021 10 am to 11 am Fire hazard drill (organized by Alholmens Kraft Oy).
We ask those who visited these places to observe themselves for any symptoms and quickly book an appointment for coronavirus testing.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.