Soite remains at the coronavirus base level — one new coronavirus case has been confirmed
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Wednesday April 28 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional recommendations. Soite’s area remains at the coronavirus base level. The regional recommendations have been updated and are in effect from May 3rd to May 16th 2021. One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area
Last week (week 16), no new coronavirus infections were confirmed in Soite’s area. The percentage of positive samples was thus 0 % (number of tests 1270). The incidence of infections during the last 14 days is 2.6/100,000 citizens. No patients are currently receiving treatment for COVID-19 at the Central Hospital. All the recent coronavirus infections have been traced to 100%.
Soite’s area remains at a calm base level.
In the Regional State Administrative Agency’s (AVI) new decision that comes into effect on May 3rd 2021, the maximal number of participants in public events and public gatherings is 50 people. As of May 3rd, public events and public meetings with more than 50 participants can be arranged in the Soite area, provided that the audience can be accommodated in groups of up to 50 people with their own seating or in separate areas, i.e. audience stands or other areas intended for audiences. Each area must have its own routes, services and event staff. AVI’s decision is in effect until 16th of May 2021. Additional information in AVI’s message (in Finnish).
The regional authority task group updated the coronavirus recommendations for the Soite region. The new recommendations that are in effect from 3rd of May until 16th of May 2021 are among others the following:
- Regarding indoor activities for adults (people over the age of 20), it is recommended that a limit of at most 20 people is observed.
- Regarding outdoor activities for adults, it is recommended that a limit of at most 50 participants is observed in accordance with the recommendations issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture and THL’s recommendations (in Finnish).
- For group activities for children and young people indoors, it is recommended that a limit of at most 50 participants is observed in accordance with the recommendations issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture and THL’s recommendations (in Finnish).
- There are no restrictions regarding the number of participants in activities for children and young people that are arranged outdoors, but corona safety guidelines must be taken into account.
- At games, tournaments and shows as well when it comes to size of the audience in the stands, one should adhere to AVI’s restrictions on gatherings.
All recommendations that come into effect on Monday 3rd of May can be found as a separate PDF document on Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/.
The upcoming May 1st celebrations should be planned in accordance with current recommendations, which are in effect until May 2nd according to which the recommended limit on private gatherings is 10 people.
The regional COVID-19 authority task group has its next meeting on Wednesday 5th of May 2021.
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The chain of infection has been mapped and those close to the infected persons who have been exposed have been placed in quarantine.