Soite’s area transfers to the baseline when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic
The Central Ostrobothnia regional COVID-19 group of authorities had a meeting on Wednesday 16th of June 2021 in order to assess the situational picture and the regional recommendations. The group decided that Soite’s area transfers to the baseline when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic. As a precaution, recommendations on gatherings are still in effect until 23rd of June 2021 and are assessed again at that date.
The coronavirus situation is calm in Soite’s area. Six coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area in the past 14 days and the incidence is currently 7.7/100 000 citizens in the area. 0.1% of the coronavirus tests are positive. The latest coronavirus case was confirmed on Tuesday the 8th of June 2021. One person who has been infected with the coronavirus is cared for at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
In accordance with the decision by the group of authorities, Soite’s area transfers to the baseline when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic. As a precaution, recommendations associated with the coronavirus epidemic are still in effect in the area. Central recommendations are for example the following:
- It is recommended that private gatherings of over 10 people are not arranged indoors (the recommendation is unchanged)
- When it comes to private gatherings outdoors, the recommendation is that no more than 50 persons gather (the previous recommendation was 20)
- Hobbies for adults are allowed in groups of max. 10 people indoors and max. 50 persons outdoors (the recommendation regarding the number of persons outdoors was changed: the previous recommendation was 20 persons).
- Group activities for children and young people is allowed indoors in groups of max. 20 and outdoors in groups of max. 50 (the recommendation was not changed).
- The recommendation on pausing contact sports was withdrawn.
- The recommendation on the use of face masks is unchanged in the area.
- It is still recommended that unnecessary travel abroad is avoided.
The regional recommendations are in effect until the 23rd of June 2021. The regulation by The Regional State Administrative Agency (in Finnish) on restricting the number of participants in public events and public gatherings is in effect until the 22nd of June 2021. All the regional regulations and recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website. The website also contains instructions for event organizers.
It is still important to follow the hygiene instructions and the regional recommendations for preventing coronavirus infections. The fact that the coronavirus vaccinations are progressing, helps prevent the spread of coronavirus infections and makes it possible to move towards a more normal life. All persons over the age of 16 can get a coronavirus vaccine in Soite’s area.
The Central Ostrobothnia regional COVID-19 group of authorities has its next meeting on Wednesday 23rd of June 2021 in order to assess the regional coronavirus situation and recommendations. If the regional coronavirus situation remains calm, it may be possible to ease the regional recommendations before midsummer.