Central Ostrobothnia moves into the acceleration stage when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic
The COVID-19 regional group of authorities in Central Ostrobothnia had a meeting on Sunday 29th of November 2020 and assessed that Central Ostrobothnia has now moved from the base level to the acceleration stage when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic.
A large number of coronavirus infections and extensive exposures have been confirmed in Central Ostrobothnia Joint Municipal Authority of Social and Health Services Soite’s area during the last weeks. Today, one new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The number of coronavirus infections in the last 14 days is 26 and the incidence is 33 per 100 000 citizens. Approximately 1% of all coronavirus tests are positive.
Two persons who have been infected with the coronavirus are treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital. In all, 135 coronavirus cases have now been confirmed in Central Ostrobothnia hospital district during the whole pandemic.
Despite an increase in the number of coronavirus infections, the tracing of chains of infections has been successful in the area. In the last three weeks, 100% of the infections have been traced.
The large number of coronavirus cases and the mass exposures in municipalities surrounding Central Ostrobothnia have also been taken into account when moving into the acceleration stage.
Recommendations on private gatherings and hobbies
The COVID-19 regional group of authorities in Central Ostrobothnia specified the recommendations on gatherings and hobbies. The recommendations come into effect on the 29th of November 2020 and are in effect through 21st of December 2020.
- It is recommended, that private gatherings of over 20 persons are not arranged. Masks are used even if the number of people is under 20 if social distances cannot be maintained. Please avoid arranging unnecessary private gatherings.
- It is recommended that all indoor hobbies for persons who are over 20 years old (e.g. hobby activities, games and competitions in team and contact sports, choir activities and all other hobbies that take place indoors) are interrupted for the period 30th of November through 21st of December. The recommendation does not apply to hobbies where social distances between the participants can in fact be maintained during the entire practise session. It is recommended, that hobbies are moved outdoors if possible
- Hobbies for children and youths may continue, but social distances must be maintained and hygiene practises followed. It is recommended that games and tournaments are arranged without an audience.
- It is recommended that unnecessary travelling is avoided.
Recommendations that have been given earlier
- Soite wishes to remind the citizens in the region that the recommendation on remote work and the wider recommendation on the use of face masks are still in effect.
- It is recommended, that pre-Christmas parties are held at a distance, that face masks are used and that necessary precautions are taken.
- The visiting restrictions that are in effect in Soite’s units are followed carefully and visits are carried out in a safe way.
- Please seek out testing even if you only have mild symptoms.
The advice and recommendations are specified on the 2nd of December 2020.