Changes in opening hours in Soite due to the coronavirus epidemic
THIS TEXT HAS BEEN UPDATED ON 17TH OF MARCH 2020
We want to guarantee urgent care during the epidemic that is as good and of as high a quality as possible.
Soite imposes restrictions in order to prevent the coronavirus epidemic from spreading, and is getting prepared to move personnel to the units where they are needed the most. This is why the opening hours change in Soite’s units, and some of the non-urgent appointments are cancelled. The situation is assessed daily, and the new opening hours and changes in Soite are updated on this list.
Changes in Soite
Only patients that need urgent care are treated on the outpatient clinics at the central hospital.
There are changes in the opening hours in the following units from Tuesday the 17th of March 2020:
non-urgent appointments or check-ups are booked to the health care
centres and stations for the time being. Contact your health care
station always by phone or electronically. The following changes in the
opening hours apply to the health care centres and stations (the situation
is assessed daily):
- The Lohtaja health care station is closed
- The Ullava health care station is closed
- The nurses’ reception at Halsua health care station is closed
- The doctors’ reception at Lestijärvi health care station is closed
- In the Kruunupyy area, the reception in Alaveteli is closed
- Some check-ups to diabetes, cardiac and respiratory nurses are cancelled
- If the reception is closed, the laboratory is also closed.
- Only acute and urgent operations are carried out in the operating room.
- The cancer outpatient clinic and the haematology outpatient clinic are open normally.
- The antenatal classes and visits to get acquainted with the birth unit are cancelled.
- The urgent and acute care of children and youths, care on ward for children and youths, and intensive care of the newborn is guaranteed at the children’s hospital in all situations.
- At the children’s hospital, the non-urgent outpatient clinics in paediatrics, child psychiatry and youth psychiatry have, where possible, been moved forward or changed into remote work. Patients are informed of a new appointment if the time is moved forward or changed.
- In the paediatric emergency clinic (lasten päivystys), the care of all patients under the age of 16 who present symptoms of infection has been concentrated to a separate infection unit with a separate entrance and its own personnel. This makes the urgent and acute care of children and youths with non-infectious diseases possible.
- Only small babies (under the age of 1 year) and pregnant women are cared for at the maternity and child health clinics (neuvola). Other check-ups that are done based on the age are moved forward. The doctor’s appointments at the maternity and child health clinics are carried out for babies of 4-6 weeks, 4 months and 8 months of age and for pregnant women. The opening hours at the maternity and child health clinics are restricted, but all clinics are open with the exception of the Alaveteli maternity and child health clinic in Kruunupyy.
- School health care is closed. The school nurses may be contacted by phone or via Wilma.
- The group activities in rehabilitation are cancelled for the time being
- Koivutupa is closed. Can be contacted by phone.
- Receptions in adult psychiatry have, where possible, been moved forward or are arranged as remote work. Patients are informed of a new appointment if the time is moved forward or changed.
- The day activities and work activities for persons in mental health rehabilitation are closed
- The rehabilitative work activities are closed
- Social work for adults and integration services only based on booked appointments in all units in Soite
- The group activities in social work for adults is closed
- There may occur disturbances in the client transports. We recommend our clients only move outside their homes if necessary.
following changes in opening hours apply to the services for the
- The development clinic: urgent and necessary work with clients is carried out
- The activity centres are closed from the 16th of March to the 13th of April 2020. Necessary activities are organized for persons who live independently or who need services because their parents are at work.
- Green care is closed
- Community employment is closed
- Non-institutional social care and early rehabilitation is partially reduced
- The disability service bureau: work with clients is carried out as remote work and based on booked appointments
- Personal assistance: partially reduced
- Asuva’s unit is closed until the 13th of April 2020
- More information and specifics: www.soite.fi/vammaispalvelut
following changes in opening hours apply to nursing and care:
- The health clinics for seniors are closed with the exception of Daalia
- The health clinic Daalia for seniors in Kokkola and Kruunupyy (at Kallentori in Kokkola) is open daily with a smaller personnel, and mainly concentrates on influenza vaccinations for seniors
- The gyms at Honkaharju, Kuusikumpu and Tervakartano are closed
- Day activities are closed
- The geriatric outpatient clinic and the memory team are closed from the 18th of March