In Soite's area, patients with symptoms of the common cold or the coronavirus are tested and treated at the infection receptions at the health care centres as well as at the paediatric emergency clinic.
- the main health care station in Kokkola (open every day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The visiting address is Mariankatu 28, entrance H).
- at Kannus health station (open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- at Tunkkari health station in Veteli (open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- The paediatric emergency clinic, i.e. lasten päivystys/barnakuten (open 24/7, at the Central Ostrobothnian Central Hospital i.e. Keski-Pohjanmaan keskussairaala/Mellersta Österbottens centralsjukhus)
If you have even just mild symptoms that fit the coronavirus, stay at home and contact us electronically or by phone! Do not come to Soite's unit without contacting us first.
You can contact us electronically by using the coronavirus symptom checker in the Omaolo service. If your symptoms require it, your contact information can be conveyed to Soite or you can book a time yourself to the drive-in testing site via the Omaolo service. The link for making a booking is offered after the symptom check-up has been filled in, if your symptoms require a coronavirus test.
Or call us:
You can also call us and a professional in Soite will then assess your need of care. If needed, we will ask you to come to our unit and for a coronavirus test.
Adults, over 15-year-old persons who have become ill:
- The coronavirus helpline, phone 06 828 7499. The helpline is open during weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on the weekend from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The common emergency clinic (i.e. yhteispäivystys/samjouren), phone 06 826 4500. If urgent care is required.
Under 16-year-old persons who have become ill:
- Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic (lasten päivystys/barnakuten), phone 06 826 4444. Open 24/7.
Coronavirus tests are done at the infection receptions in Soite as well as at the paediatric emergency clinic. The drive-in testing sites are in Kokkola, Veteli and Kannus.
The drive-in testing site in Kokkola is near the so called Libeck hospital (Mariankatu 28). Please drive in via Terveystie. Testing of children has also been centralized in Kokkola to the drive-in testing site.
The drive-in testing site in Kannus is at Lopotinkatu 2 69100 Kannus.
The drive-in testing site in Veteli is at Mäntöläntie 2 69730 Tunkkari.
The lanes at the testing site are only used for coronavirus testing, and no other assessments are done here.
The instructions on the drive-in lanes must be read and followed. It is prohibited to drive onto the drive-in lanes without a test appointment.
Coronavirus tests will also continue to be taken in separate rooms at Soite’s infection receptions.
It is possible to receive the coronavirus test results as a text message
It is possible for a client to receive the result from coronavirus test done in Soite as a text message on the mobile phone. The client’s consent is needed for this.
The consent for sending text messages can be activated electronically in Soite’s Omahoito service: https://soite.terveytesi.fi/. The consent for sending text messages is in the section “Contact info”. To make it possible to send text messages to you, please check both of the boxes concerning text messages (please see the pictur below).
We recommend that the other information in “Omat tiedot” is also checked to make sure it is up to date.
The test results can also be checked on the My Kanta pages, or you can contact your own health care station to ask about the results. The results come back on average in 1-5 days. Before the results have come back, the person who has been tested should be in home quarantine.
If your coronavirus test is positive, Soite's infection prevention unit will contact you by phone.
If your health deteriorates, call Soite's common emergency clinic, 06 826 4500 (persons who have turned 16) or the paediatric emergency clinic, 06 826 4444 (persons who have not turned 16). Please mention during the call that a coronavirus test has been taken.