The Coronavirus Situation is Still Serious in Soite’s Area
Soite’s coronavirus task group gathered on Thursday November 18th 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture.
The current situation of infection
The coronavirus situation is still serious in Soite’s area. Although the incidence of infections during 14 days has come down a little and is now 289/100,000 residents, the situation is still serious in the Soite area. Coronavirus infections are still mainly concentrated to those who have not been vaccinated or who have not received a complete series of vaccinations. Eleven COVID-19 patients are currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia central hospital.
We still emphasize the importance of vaccinations. We strongly encourage those residents in the region who are not yet vaccinated to take the coronavirus vaccine as soon as possible! The effectiveness of vaccinations is clear when looking at the current epidemic situation, as the infections are concentrated to those who have not been vaccinated or have only recently been vaccinated. It is significantly safer to encounter the coronavirus if you are vaccinated, since the vaccine effectively prevents severe forms of coronavirus disease. The risks associated with the vaccine are significantly smaller than those associated with coronavirus infection. Link: Information about the coronavirus vaccination
In addition to this, those who are still unvaccinated should seek out coronavirus testing immediately even if they only have very mild symptoms indicative of coronavirus. The coronavirus test result should be awaited at home and in quarantine so as not to potentially expose others to the coronavirus, for example in the workplace. There is currently a delay in the delivery of coronavirus test results, and receiving the result may take 2–3 days.
To prevent infections it is still important to:
- Seek out coronavirus testing immediately and even if you have only mild symptoms of a respiratory infection, especially if you are not vaccinated. Appointment booking: https://korona.soite.fi/en/coronavirus-clinic/
- Maintain good hand hygiene: Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid social gatherings.
- Use protective face masks. Link: regional face mask recommendation
- The most important and effective way to prevent coronavirus infections, and especially serious forms of the disease, is to take a coronavirus vaccine.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing within Soite’s area. The vaccinations of the citizens are progressing with regards to all persons over the age of 12 who live in Soite’s area.
Coronavirus vaccinations will now mainly be done during appointment-free walk-in vaccination days instead of during appointments. On vaccination days without appointment booking, you can come to get your coronavirus vaccination when it suits you best. Additional information and the timetable for the walk-in days can be found on Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/the-coronavirus-vaccines/
An appointment for a coronavirus vaccination may still be booked online on https://soite.terveytesi.fi/ or by phone on the number 06 828 7488. Phone hours Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm and Friday 9 am to 2 pm. You can also book an appointment via your health central (page is in Finnish).
Why should I take the coronavirus vaccine?
- Coronavirus vaccines give effective protection against serious forms of COVID-19.
- The vaccines also protect against the long-term effects of COVID-19, the so-called long COVID, which may cause prolonged tiredness, shortness of breath, cough and joint and chest pain.
- By taking the vaccine, you can protect not only yourself but also others. The coronavirus vaccination significantly reduces the secretion of the virus and its spreading from one person to another.
- The risks associated with the vaccine are significantly smaller than those associated with coronavirus infection. Link: Information about the coronavirus vaccination
- With vaccinations, we can return to a more normal life and the need for restrictions is reduced. Everyone who decides to take the vaccine makes a difference.
You can follow how the vaccinations progress in the area with the help of Soite’s corona vaccination indicator, which is updated on Mondays.