Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 18th of March 2021
In the future, Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Thursdays and when needed. We will still publish information about the situational picture on Mondays as well. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
The current situation of infection
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area today.
No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
Over the past 14 days, a total of 12 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite and the incidence of infections during the last 14 days is currently 15.4 /100 000 citizens The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began is now 236. All the recent sources of infection have been traced.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing well within Soite’s area. You can follow how the vaccination progresses in the area with the help of Soite’s corona vaccination indicator, which is updated on Monday afternoons at the address: https://korona.soite.fi/en/corona-vaccination-indicator/
In accordance with the recommendations from the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare Soite prioritizes the elderly when it comes to coronavirus vaccinations. Thus, telephone appointment booking is organized so that during the first hour, vaccination appointments are given only to those over 70 years of age.
Appointment booking for coronavirus vaccination will be opened again on Tuesday 23rd of March as follows:
- telephone booking on 06 828 7488.
- between 12 noon and 1 pm, appointment times will be given only to persons older than 70
- from 1 pm forward, vaccination appointments are given to everyone older than 70 as well as persons who are 16-69 years old and belong to risk group 1.
- The telephone line is open as long as appointments are available. At other times, those who call will hear a message on the phone. You can also book an appointment for an elderly person by phone.
- electronic appointment booking in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fi will open for all groups currently eligible for vaccination on Tuesday 12 o’clock. Log on to the Omahoito service with your online bank user identifiers (or some other means of strong identification) in order to book an appointment for yourself. You can book an appointment for another person if you have made an agreement regarding this. Read more: https://www.soite.fi/toisen_puolesta_asiointi (in Finnish).
The electronic appointment booking is easily overburdened immediately after the appointment booking opens, so there may be problems in the function of the Omahoito service. The service functions normally when the number of visitors decreases, so when the system is overloaded, it is best to wait a moment and then reattempt using the electronic appointment booking.
If an informal caregiver or partner who lives in the same household is to be vaccinated at the same time, the appointment booking must be done by phone for both.
Persons who belong to risk groups should be prepared to prove that they belong to a risk group when they arrive at the vaccination site (e.g. by showing their Kela card or a copy of their epicrisis or prescription). To risk group 1 belongs 16–69-year-old persons who have an illness or condition that is highly predisposing to severe coronavirus disease: vaccinations for risk groups (THL).
We want to stress that even if you have been vaccinated, you should still use a protective face mask in accordance with recommendations, maintain a safety distance of 2 meters to other people and to follow coronavirus related hygiene recommendations.