Four new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area — a mass exposure in Kannus
Four new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area on the afternoon of Thursday 25th of February. The infections are not related to one another, nor do they seem to be related to the chains of infections that have previously been confirmed in the area. The origin of the infections is currently under investigation.
The coronavirus situation in Central Ostrobothnia significantly worsened during Thursday. It is now very important to keep the number of close contacts to a minimum and to be mindful of proper use of face masks, safety distances and hand hygiene. Unnecessary social gatherings should be avoided!
If the regional coronavirus situation requires it, a decision regarding a transition to the acceleration phase will be made in the near future.
One of the new infections was confirmed in Kannus and is associated with a mass exposure at a school, Juhani Vuorisen koulu, between February 22nd and 23rd 2021. We have started contacting those exposed and Soite will contact everyone who has been exposed as soon as possible. Several dozens of people will be placed in quarantine.
Kannus’ educational administration has decided that in order to ensure that classes will be able to continue, the ninth graders at Juhani Vuorisen koulu will switch to distance learning on Friday, February 26th, 2021, after which the winter holidays will begin. The city of Kannus will use the Wilma network to inform students and parents later in more detail about how classes will be arranged after the winter holidays
Soite asks young people in Central Ostrobothnia to be very careful regarding their personal corona safety and to avoid unnecessary social contacts during the next week. Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms indicative of the coronavirus.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s coronavirus helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (for persons younger than 16 who are ill). Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms
- Use a mask
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough in your sleeve or in a tissue
- Keep a distance to other people
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- When it’s your turn, take the coronavirus vaccine.