If you are over 70 years old, please observe the following!
Central Ostrobothnia Joint Municipal Authority for Social and Health Services Soite wishes to remind about the guidelines given by the government. The guidelines put persons who are over 70 years old under an obligation to avoid close contact with others and to remain at home in quarantine-like conditions.
- One should avoid groups of people and public places.
- If it is necessary to go to the store or the pharmacy oneself, this should be done when there aren’t so many other people there. One should keep a distance of at least one metre to other people.
- Do not visit anybody. You can keep in contact with your grandchildren and other relatives by phone, by video calls and by sending messages. Yle’s program Seniorit somessa gives good tips on making video calls.
- Please attend to hand hygiene even more carefully than usual.
- In this exceptional situation, it is not possible to get coffee with acquaintances, to form a bingo group or to gather for a game of Pidro.
- Going outside is allowed, as long as one keeps a distance to other people. It is also a good idea to exercise.
- Each one of us can act in order to prevent the disease from spreading.
Please remember that you can always call us
- The helpline for advice for the elderly answers practical questions about the coronavirus situation such as "where can I order delivery of groceries" or "How can I get my medicine from the pharmacy". The number is 06 828 7288, open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The same number also gives psychological first aid.
- Please do not call this number if you suspect a coronavirus infection or need advice on treatment - Soite’s coronavirus helpline helps you with these questions, phone 06 828 7499. Calls are taken every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.