Information on the 13th of May 2021 on the situational picture in Soite regarding the coronavirus
The current situation of infection
15 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about during the last few days and which started at a first of May brunch.
In Kannus, ninth-graders at the Juhani Vuorinen school may have been exposed to coronavirus infection. The students in the exposed class have been placed in quarantine and transferred to distance education as of Friday 14th of May 2021.
Students in the second grade at Kannus gymnasium have potentially been exposed to coronavirus infection. The students who have been exposed have been quarantined.
In addition, one of the groups at the daycare Tervanpolttajan päiväkoti in Kokkola may have been exposed to coronavirus infection. All those who have been exposed are known and children in the exposed group will be tested during Ascension Thursday.
The incidence of infections in the area is 72.3/100,000 inhabitants. During the last 14 days, a total of 56 infections have been found.
No patients are currently being treated for COVID-19 at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The following places have been added to the list of possible situations of exposure:
- Tervahovi pharmacy (Tervahovin apteekki), Kokkola Thursday 6th of May
- ABC Heinolankaari, Kokkola Thursday 6th of May 6.30 pm to 6.45 pm
- McDonald’s, Kokkola Thursday 6th of May 9 pm to 10 pm
- Tervahovi pharmacy (Tervahovin apteekki), Kokkola Friday 7th of May
- Ykköskirppis, Kokkola Friday 7th of May 1.30 pm to 2 pm
- Subway (Shopping center Chydenia, Kokkola) Friday 7th of May 3.30 pm to 4 pm
- ABC Heinolankaari Friday 7th of May 11.30 pm to 12 midnight
- H&M and Gina Tricot (shopping center Chydenia, Kokkola) Friday 8th of May 2.30 pm to 3 pm
- Prisma, Kokkola ) Friday 8th of May 3.30 pm to 4 pm
- McDonald’s, Kokkola Friday 8th of May 4.00 pm to 4.15 pm
- Kodin Terra, Kokkola Friday 8th of May 5 pm to 6 pm
- Rosso, Kokkola 9th of May 3 pm to 5 pm
- Pohjolan matka, the bus journey from Köyhäjoki to Central Ostrobothnia’s Central Hospital, from Kälviä to Kokkola on 10th of May
- Shopping center Chydenia, Kokkola Tuesday May 11th 5 pm to 6 pm
All possible coronavirus mass exposure places will be listed on Soite’s coronavirus web site: https://korona.soite.fi/en/the-coronavirus-situation/
We ask those who visited these places to observe themselves for any symptoms and quickly book an appointment for coronavirus testing even if they have only mild symptoms.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117
Congestionat the infection units — avoid unnecessary calls
Soite’s infection unit is currently heavily congested. Avoid unnecessary calls to the infection unit.
Please note that even if you have visited a potential exposure site, you do not need to call Soite if you have no symptoms. It is sufficient to follow the corona recommendations, i.e. minimize the number of close contacts and avoid unnecessary gatherings, be sure to use a mask, maintain a safety distance of 2 meters and exercise good hand hygiene.
If you have been in contact with someone who has been exposed to corona but not with a confirmed case of corona, you can observe your condition at home and follow the corona virus recommendations. If you have been exposed to coronavirus, Soite will call you.
We also ask that you do not call the infection unit regarding the results of the coronavirus test. Soite always calls anyone who gets a positive test result and a negative test result can be checked via your My Kanta Pages or you will receive a text message if you have given permission for this.
Right now it is not possible to contact all people who are in quarantine on a daily basis.
The answer to many of the corona-related questions that you are worried about can be found on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/corona-virus-info/
Changes in Soite
The health care station in Koivuhaka is closed during week 20 and non-emergency doctor’s appointments at Soite’s paediatric clinic will be moved from May to June, since the personnel is being instructed in new procedures due to the rapid worsening of the coronavirus situation. Clients whose appointments are changed will be contacted about this.
We also recommend avoiding all visits at Soite’s housing services
Recommendations and regulations
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Western and Inland Finland issued a guideline on the 12th of May regarding current regulations on social gatherings. In the municipalities in the Central Ostrobothnia hospital district (except Reisjärvi) the number of participants in public events and at public meetings is limited to 10 people indoors. Outdoors the restriction is 20 people. These regulations regarding social gatherings are in effect from 13th om May 2021 to 16th of May 2021.
Alla regional regulations and recommendations are listed on Soite’s coronavirus web site: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group will gather on Friday 14th of May 2021 to evaluate the regional situation as well as the regional recommendations.
The coronavirus vaccination target group expands to include residents aged 50 and older. This means vaccination is open for all residents in Soite’s area over the age of 50 as well as 16–64-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 or 2. Soite recommends that everyone who has a right to the vaccine should take it.
Appointments are now available in the Omahoito electronic appointment booking system on at the address https://soite.terveytesi.fi/portal#/main. Appointment times will be added to the electronic booking system at other times as well if they become available due to cancellations or sudden increases in the number of vaccines. Days on which appointment times are available will be marked with green in the web calendar.
Appointment booking by phone opens anew on Tuesday 18th of May 2021 at 12 noon.