Information on the coronavirus situation in Soite on the 28th of December 2020
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan. The situation is calm.
Two new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area during the Christmas holidays. The coronavirus infections were confirmed December 23rd and December 24th. No patients with COVID-19 are treated at the moment at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
During the Christmas holidays the number of visitors to the coronavirus test stations has remained fairly stable and no significant decreases in the number of coronavirus samples taken were noted. During the Christmas week, a total of 1 100 corona samples were taken.
Soite’s preparations for starting coronavirus vaccinations are proceeding according to plan. In Soite, vaccinations will begin during week 1, provided the first batch of vaccines arrives in accordance with the timetable.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days 3 (the previous number was 4)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 3,8 (the previous number was 5,1)
- 0.2% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 150
- The traceability of chains of infection is 80% in the hospital district
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: acceleration stage
The current regulations and recommendations are in effect and can be found on Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
The COVID-19 regional group of authorities in Central Ostrobothnia has its next meeting on the 30th of December 2020 and will analyse the situational picture in the region.