Instructions to event organizers in Soite’s area
Updated on the 2nd of March 2022
The Regional State Administrative Agency of Western and Inland Finland (AVI) makes the decisions on restrictions of gatherings in Soite’s area. The restrictions are updated on Soite’s page for regional regulations and recommendations. More information can be found on the website of The Regional State Administrative Agency.
An event organizer has the responsibility to take the prevention of coronavirus infections into account
- You will find information on restrictions and recommendations in different phases of the epidemic on the website of the Finnish Government.
- Frequently asked questions about the coronavirus are updated on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency
- Information on the epidemiological situation and restrictions in different areas can be found in Tapahtumateollisuus ry’s “tilannehuone”.
- Information on the pandemic and restrictions in Soite’s area are updated in the situational picture: https://korona.soite.fi/en/the-coronavirus-situation/
Event organizers must ensure hygiene practices in accordance with § 58 c in the Communicable Diseases Act (in Finnish) in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Event organizers must:
- make sure the participants have the possibility to wash their hands
- avoid crowding and queues, e.g. at selling and serving points
- there must be plenty of space at arrival and when leaving, sufficient toilet spaces
- make sure surfaces that are touched are cleaned
- use of masks is recommended both indoors and outdoors if it is impossible to keep safe distances
- the size of the space must be sufficient in relation to the number of participants, it must be possible to maintain safe distances
- indoors, each person must have their own seat, and outdoors, it must be possible to keep safe distances
- participants must be informed about coronavirus safety: one should only participate if one is healthy
At public events with over 50 people, the organizer must have a written plan for the prevention of coronavirus infections. It is recommended, that the plan is also submitted to Soite’s team of infectious diseases by e‑mail: email@example.com. A written plan does not need to be drawn up for private events such as weddings, examination parties and funerals, but coronavirus safety instructions must be observed.
Organizers of public events with over 500 participants must submit their plan two weeks in advance to Soite’s team of infectious diseases (firstname.lastname@example.org). If needed, the plan is reviewed together with the event organizer.
Please acquaint yourself with the following instructions, when drawing up your plan:
The Regional State Administrative Agency’s instructions for event organizers: https://avi.fi/en/frequently-asked-questions
The content of the plan can be based on these instructions.
Please also acquaint yourself with the following pages and instructions:
The page of the Ministry of Education and Culture’s project “Turvalliset tapahtumat työryhmä” (working group for safe events)
An event organizer has an obligation to act if a coronavirus infection is confirmed
- An event organizer is obligated to help with the tracing of a coronavirus infection if health authorities confirm a person with a coronavirus infection has been at the event.
- If a coronavirus infection is confirmed in connection to an event, the organizer must, if possible and in accordance with other laws, have information on the participants, so that participants who may have been exposed to the coronavirus can be traced.
- Restricting the number of participants and preventing different groups from mixing helps to minimize the number of persons who are exposed if a coronavirus infection should be confirmed in one of the participants.