Changes in Soite
Changes in Soite due to the coronavirus epidemic
- Soite has opened infection receptions at the main health care station in Kokkola and the health stations in Kannus and Tunkkari.
- Soites health centres, the emergency clinic and social services are open and serve clients. If a client is given an appointment to Soite, a professional person has come to the conclusion, that coming for treatment entails a smaller risk for the patient than leaving the health problem untreated. We want to stress that it is safe to come to Soite and that it is recommended that health problems are treated in time. Otherwise, they may get worse and lead to a need of urgent care in the emergency clinic, in specialised health care or in social services.
- We recommend clients use our electronic services to as great an extent as possible.
- Do not go to work if you have symptoms of the common cold or are otherwise ill. An incapacity to work may be approved by the boss for seven (7) calendar days and we recommend this practice for all employers in Soite’s area, so that the health care units aren’t burdened with requests for sick leave notes.
- Soite’s personnel predominantly has meetings with the help of remote connections, and some of the personnel work from home.
Follow updates and news from Soite at www.soite.fi and in the social media:
Changes in opening hours in Soite due to the coronavirus epidemic
Most of Soite’s services function normally.
There are changes in the opening hours and in the functions in the following units due to the coronavirus situation:
The list has been updated on the 11th of March 2021
- Health care station services
- The health care station in Koivuhaka: the station functions on a smaller scale, i.e. the station is only open for those who have booked an appointment to a doctor or a nurse. These arrangements continue until the 7th of May 2021.
- Some of the units that take laboratory samples function on a smaller scale from the 18th of March through 17th of May 2021:
- The health station in Kälviä 3 days --> 2 days/week
- The health station in Teerijärvi 3 days --> 2 days/week
- The health station in Alaveteli 2 days --> 1 day/week
- Antenatal classes and introduction to the delivery unit are arranged via the internet.
- Day and work activities function with special arrangements until the 2nd of May 2021.
- The number of participants is limited in all group activities: about ten persons are allowed in the same space at one time. The size of the group must be smaller if the space limits the activities.
- Day activities in psychiatry and day activities for the elderly: limited only to persons who according to assessment are in most need of support.
- Koivutupa: open functions that does not require signing up is on hold.
- Day and work activities for the disabled:
- The activity centres in services for the disabled: persons who live at home and persons who live in housing services are kept separate. Work and day activities are arranged in the housing services units for persons who live in housing services. These arrangements apply until the 2nd of May 2021. More information from the activity centres.
- Green Care services: continue as before, but meals etc. are arranged separately for persons who live at home and for persons who live in housing services.
- Restrictions on visits in housing services until 2.5.2021:
- Relations/close people may visit but safety precautions must be followed in accordance with instructions from the unit.
- Other visits are prohibited.
- 1-3 persons can visit a housing services unit at a time and preferably only one group of visitors/client/day. The visit may last 1-2 hours.
- More information from the housing services units.
- Respite care:
- Persons who have symptoms of the cold or who have been exposed to the coronavirus cannot be taken in for respite care. The client must have a negative test result from a coronavirus test.
- Travel service centre:
- Client transportations are not combined in Soite's area until after the 2nd of May 2021. Disruptions may occur when it comes to transportations.
Follow other information from Soite on the website www.soite.fi and in social media: