New corona vaccination guidelines bring about changes in the coronavirus vaccinations in Soite’s area – more vaccine doses become available for the elderly
Today, the national vaccination expert group KRAR concluded that because of the current epidemiological situation, it is recommended that the dose interval for all corona vaccines should be extended to 12 weeks. The group also issued a guideline that AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine will be used, until further notice, only for vaccination of persons younger than 70. The guidelines also bring changes to Soite’s coronavirus vaccinations for both the personnel and the residents in the area.
Soite pauses the administration of the first dose to the personnel and reserves Pfizer’s and Moderna’s vaccines for mass vaccinations of the elderly in the area. The vaccination of the personnel will be continued with AstraZeneca’s vaccine immediately when more doses of it arrives in the area. Personnel who have already received the first vaccine dose with Pfizer’s vaccine will of course receive their second dose with the same manufacturer’s vaccine.
Soite will also extend the dose interval for the corona vaccines in accordance with the new recommendations: the second dose of the corona vaccine will be given 12 weeks after the first dose.
Appointment booking for the mass vaccinations in week 6 will be opened Monday 8.2.2021 at 12:00 noon
Mass vaccinations are currently intended for elderly persons above the age of 80 who live at home and their informal caregivers as well as other elderly persons (over the age of 70) who live in the same household.
Appointment booking for the mass vaccinations in week 6 will be opened on Monday 8th of February at 12 noon.
You can book an appointment for corona vaccination either electronically or by phone. The electronic appointment booking runs more smoothly and we recommend that you book your appointment online if possible. If an informal caregiver or partner who lives in the same household is to be vaccinated at the same time, the appointment booking must be done by phone for both.
- book an appointment by phone: 06 828 7488. Open Monday 12 noon to 4 pm and Tuesday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm. You can also book an appointment for an elderly person by phone.
- electronic appointment booking in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fi You have to log in to the Omahoito service with your own bank codes (or other secure identification) before you can book an appointment for yourself.
The vaccination appointment can be booked to any corona vaccination site you want. Due to the limited access to vaccines, the coronavirus vaccinations will initially begin only at the following vaccination sites:
- Kokkola: Halpa-Halli’s old building, Kaarlelankatu 7
- Kannus (place: Seurakuntatalo (the parish house), Valtakatu 20
- Toholampi (place: Seurakuntakoti i.e. the parish home, Lampintie 7)
- Tunkkari (place: Tunkkari’s health center, Mäntöläntie 2 and Pajala family center, Pajalantie 1
- Kruunupyy (place: Teerijärvi child health clinic (neuvola/rådgivning), Hörbyntie 2, 68700 Teerijärvi:
- Perho (place: The health station, Vanhainkodintie 20)
Currently, you can only book an appointment to these vaccination sites.