No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area — a suspicion of a COVID-19 infection led to precautions at the central hospital
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area yesterday or today. The latest coronavirus case was confirmed in Soite on the 7th of March 2021.
A symptom-free patient who arrived at Soite’s common emergency clinic (yhteispäivystys/samjouren) on Monday evening on the 8th of March 2021 was tested positive for COVID-19 when routine examinations were performed as the patient was moved to a ward. In closer further examinations, the test was found to be a so called false positive, i.e. the test has in further examination been found to be negative. As a precaution, Soite’s personnel contacted the persons who might have been exposed to the virus. As the test has been confirmed to be negative in two further tests, no exposures have occurred.
Laboratory analyses can sometimes, but seldom, lead to false positive results. Soite always performs new tests when a false positive case is suspected considering the patient’s risk for exposures.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en.
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (persons under the age of 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7). If your health requires urgent care, call Soite’s Medical Helpline, 116 117.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing at an early stage and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Use a mask
- Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer often
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance to other people - remember a safe distance of 2 metres!
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn.