One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area – four of the infections linked to the Skellefteå infection chain have been confirmed as the British mutation
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The infection is linked to the chain of infection in Skellefteå. When including the further infections, a total of 15 infections have come to Soite’s area from the Skellefteå chain. Those infected were quickly quarantined and the exposures have occured within their families.
The positive corona tests linked to the Skellefteå chain of infection are being analysed at the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare in order to find out if the illness is caused by a mutated virus and now, four of the tests have been confirmed to be the mutated British version of the coronavirus.
Next week, the corona vaccinations in Soite’s area will be expanded to people under the age of 70 who belong to risk group 1. At first, people from this group who attend check-ups at Soite (such as organ transplantation and cancer patients) will be vaccinated. They will be personally contacted by phone so that a vaccination appointment can be agreed on. This course of action is possible since the number of people to be vaccinated is relatively small.
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough in your sleeve or in a tissue
- Keep a distance to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- When it’s your turn, take the coronavirus vaccine.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (for persons younger than 16 who are ill). Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's common emergency clinic (i.e. yhteispäivystys/samjouren), phone 116 117.