One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite and it has led to a mass exposure in Kokkola
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area during the afternoon of Friday the 26th of February 2021. The case is part of a known chain of infections. The infection has led to a mass exposure at Hakalahden koulu in Kokkola between the 24th and the 25th of February 2021.
Soite has begun to contact those who have been exposed and will contact everyone who has been exposed as soon as possible. Several dozens of people will be placed in quarantine.
We ask that particularly pupils and personnel at Hakalahden koulu keep an eye on their symptoms and seek out coronavirus testing with a low threshold.
The city of Kokkola will use the Wilma network to inform students and parents later in more detail about how classes will be arranged after the winter holidays
Soite asks young people in Central Ostrobothnia to be very careful regarding their personal corona safety and to avoid unnecessary social contacts during the next week. Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms indicative of the coronavirus.
As the winter holidays approach, we also want to remind everyone of THL’s instructions regarding safe winter holidays:
- Spend the winter holidays preferably with your closest friends and family and avoid large crowds.
- Ski tracks, forests, and hills for sledding are the safest places to enjoy the upcoming holiday. The risk of being infected by the coronavirus is low when exercising out of doors.
- Those with symptoms of the coronavirus disease should not go on any trips. Seek out coronavirus testing immediately: https://korona.soite.fi/en/instructions/
The coronavirus situation in Central Ostrobothnia has worsened significantly. It is now of utmost importance to keep the number of close contacts to a minimum and to be mindful of proper use of face masks, safety distances and hand hygiene. Unnecessary social gatherings should be avoided!
If the regional coronavirus situation requires it, a decision regarding a transition to the acceleration phase will be made in the near future.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s coronavirus helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (for persons younger than 16 who are ill). Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms
- Use a mask
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough in your sleeve or in a tissue
- Keep a distance of 2 metres to other people
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- When it’s your turn, take the coronavirus vaccine.