Regulations and recommendations
for the acceleration phase of the coronavirus epidemic in Soite’s area
This page has been updated on the 15th of September 2021
When public events are organized, the instructions from the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL are followed:
- Link: Guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus infections during public events and gatherings and during the use of public spaces (in Finnish)
- Link: letter by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health 19th of August 2021 (available in Finnish and Swedish)
- For example events where admission tickets are sold to the public should observe the guidelines issued by the Regional State Administrative Agency and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
Recommendations by the regional COVID-19 authority task group
Current regional coronavirus recommendations are found on this page and will be updated as needed.
The organizers of events are responsible for the safety measures at the events and for the number of participants.
Recommendations regarding private gatherings and hobbies
- The regional COVID-19 group of authorities strongly emphasizes the importance of observing safety distances and hygiene guidelines at all gatherings and hobbies.
- Gatherings should be kept as small as possible and, if possible, people should gather in smaller groups at a time. A guest book, for example, can be used to note the times when guests arrive and leave. This helps in a possible exposure situation when persons who have been exposed must be traced.
- In hobbies and when private gatherings are organized, special attention must be paid to the general coronavirus instructions and hygiene guidelines. Keeping safe distances is still recommended. Safety instructions must be followed when gatherings are organized: Link: Instructions to event organizers in Soite’s area
- A recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in the area and this recommendation also applies to private gatherings and hobbies
- One should attend gatherings and hobbies only if absolutely healthy
- Particular caution is recommended for those who belong to a risk group due to age or an underlying disease as well as for persons who have not been vaccinated.
- It is recommended that following instructions are followed in hobbies:
- Link: Reducing the coronavirus risk in sport, physical exercise, and other recreational activities (The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL)
- Link: Instructions on preventing coronavirus infections in camps for children and young people (The Ministry of Education and Culture and THL) (in Finnish)
A recommendation on the use of face masks
A strong recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in Soite’s area. Use of a face mask is recommended for all persons older than 12, even those who have been vaccinated:
- in public places such as shops and in other places outside the home
- at the lower secondary schools in the area (grades 7-9)
- at upper secondary institutes (vocational training and upper secondary schools) as well as higher education institutions and universities in the area
- in public transport, in school transport and in the transport of persons who belong to an at-risk group
- when going to a social or health care unit
- when going to a coronavirus test
- when returning to Finland from a risk country
- use of face masks is recommended in other situations as well, both inside and outside, if it is impossible to maintain safe distances.
Coronavirus safety in the workplace
- A recommendation on working from home is in effect until 30th of September 2021 in Soite's area.
- The employer is responsible for coronavirus safety in the workplace.
- Use of face mask is required when working in social and health care.
- Workplaces are advised to spread out breaks and to maintain safe distances
Protecting the elderly and risk groups, recommendation on more carefulness
- The elderly and risk groups should still be given particular consideration.
- During visits to hospital wards and residential units, the special guidelines by THL (in Finnish) should be followed. Check the updated instructions regarding the unit before your visit.
Recommendations concerning travelling
- Special caution should be taken when travelling to EU and Schengen areas, and trips outside these areas should be avoided. Please follow the instructions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Finland and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL.
Instructions for people arriving from abroad
- Current border safety guidelines must be followed
- The FINENTRY service is used in Soite's area with regards to coronavirus testing for travellers
- Check the most recent instructions regarding travelling:
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- If a doctor of infectious disease has put a person in quarantine, a negative test result does not end the quarantine. The decision to end a quarantine can only be made by a doctor.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms
- Use a face mask
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough into your sleeve or into a tissue
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Take the coronavirus vaccine when it’s your turn