Seven new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area – several possible exposure situations
Seven new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The infections are related to the same chain of infection as the infection we informed about yesterday. The source of the chain of infection is currently unclear, but is currently being mapped out. Those that are known to have been exposed have been contact traced and placed in quarantine. In total, more than a hundred people have been quarantined.
The new coronavirus infections may have led to coronavirus exposures:
- Saturday 1st of May between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. First of May brunch at restaurant Mustakari (those who have been exposed have been contact traced thanks to participant lists)
- Sunday 2nd of May between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Word of Faith Church Finland church service
- Tuesday 4th of May between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari
- Tuesday 4th of May between 4.30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Kuntokeskus Liikku
- Wednesday 5th of May between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Keski-Pohjanmaan ammattiopisto (the unit at Närvilänkatu 8), the Jobsteri event
- Wednesday 5th of May between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Kokkolan keilahalli (Kokkola bowling alley)
- Wednesday 5th of May between 7 p.m. and 8.30 p.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari
We ask those who visited these places to observe themselves for any symptoms and quickly book an appointment for coronavirus testing if they have even mild symptoms.
Please note: there has been no coronavirus exposure at Kiviniityn koulu in Kokkola. False information that has spread in the area has led to a great number of calls to Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.
The coronavirus situation has long been good in Central Ostrobothnia, but the exposures and infections that have been confirmed during the last few days show that the situation can change quickly if the regional recommendations are not followed. The incidence of coronavirus infections during the last 14 days has risen from 2.6 to 11.6/100 000 citizens in one day.
Soite wants to firmly remind everyone that now is the time to straighten up. The coronavirus hygiene instructions and the regional recommendations must be followed. Remember to use masks and maintain safety distances of two metres.