Information on the 10th of May 2021 on the situational picture in Soite regarding the coronavirus
The current situation of infection
Six new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about during the last few days and which started at a first of May brunch. The chain of infections has led to several further infections and Soite’s personnel is doing its best to investigate the further chains of infection and to contact trace those who have been exposed to the coronavirus. A total of 20 coronavirus infections have been confirmed in relation to this chain.
New possible places of mass exposure have been added to the list of possible places of exposure:
- Friday 7th of May from 8 am to 16 pm Rengasmarket, Kokkola
- Thursday 6th of May 2021 circa 6.50 am to 7.30 am Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kaustinen and Kokkola vocational school campus (Kokkolan ammattikampus).
- Thursday 6th of May 2021 circa 1.45 pm to 2.30 pm Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kokkola vocational school campus (Kokkolan ammattikampus) and Kaustinen.
- Thursday 6th of May 2021 circa 3.10 pm to 4.10 pm Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kokkola vocational school (Kokkolan ammattikampus) campus and Kaustinen.
- Friday 7th of May 2021 circa 6.50 am to 7.30 am Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kaustinen and Kokkola vocational school campus (Kokkolan ammattikampus).
- Friday 7th of May 2021 circa 12.00 noon to 12.45 pm Osmo Aho Oy's bus journey between Kokkola vocational school campus (Kokkolan ammattikampus) and Kaustinen.
- Friday 7th of May 2021 10 am to 11 am Fire hazard drill (organized by Alholmens Kraft Oy).
All possible coronavirus mass exposure places will be listed in the situational picture for Soite’s area. We ask those who visited these places to observe themselves for any symptoms and quickly book an appointment for coronavirus testing even if they have only mild symptoms.
The worsened coronavirus situation has also congested Soite’s coronavirus helpline and appointment booking number. We recommend that the electronic Omaolo service Omaolo service is used for coronavirus symptom checking and for booking an appointment to a coronavirus test. In other words, you can book an appointment via Omaolo to Soite’s coronavirus testing if the symptom checker recommends a test.
As a safety measure, Soite has arranged an opportunity for students at Kokkola vocational school to easily seek out coronavirus testing.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 21
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 27.1
- No patients infected with coronavirus are being treated at Central Ostrobothnia’s Central Hospital.
- 1.2% of the coronavirus tests are positive. During week 18, 1616 people were tested for coronavirus in Soite.
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: base level
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group will gather on Wednesday 12th of May 2021 to evaluate the regional situation as well as the regional recommendations.
The coronavirus situation in Central Ostrobothnia has worsened significantly. It is now very important to keep the number of close contacts to a minimum and to be mindful of proper use of face masks, to maintain a safety distance of 2 meters and practise good hand hygiene. Unnecessary social gatherings should be avoided! The coronavirus hygiene instructions and regional recommendations for the prevention of coronavirus infection must be followed. Link: Current regulations and recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing well within Soite’s area. Currently, vaccination is open for all residents over the age of 55 as well as 16–64-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 or 2 and have an illness or condition that is very highly or highly predisposing to severe coronavirus disease.
Appointment booking by phone will open anew on Tuesday 11th of May 2021 at 12 noon and more appointments will also become available in the Omahoito electronic appointment booking system on Tuesday at 12 noon. Appointment times will be added to the electronic booking system at other times as well if they become available due to cancellations or sudden increases in the number of vaccines. The Omahoito service is open 24/7. Days on which appointment times are available will be marked with green in the web calendar.
On Tuesday 11th of April 2021, approximately 2000 vaccines become available in the booking system. At this point, about 5000 persons have the right to a vaccination in Soite’s area.
Soite’s coronavirus vaccination indicator has been updated. In all, 39% of the citizens in Central Ostrobothnia health care district over the age of 16 have now received their first vaccine dose. 92% of persons over the age of 70 in Soite’s area have now been vaccinated. 4% of persons over the age of 16 have received their second vaccination dose. Lines for each age group have now been added to Soite’s coronavirus vaccination indicator and the vaccination statistics for risk groups 1 and 2 have been included in the age-specific figures.
Please follow Soite’s channels on the web and on social media as well as the local media in order to see when your age group has the right to a vaccination!
If you have symptoms, please stay at home and book an appointment for coronavirus testing immediately!
Remember to seek out coronavirus testing immediately even if you have only mild symptoms. You can book an appointment for coronavirus testing through the Omaolo service online or through Soite’s Coronavirus Helpline 06 828 7499 / children’s hospital phone 06 826 4444. Link: How to book an appointment for a coronavirus test
The coronavirus test result will be sent automatically to your mobile phone as a text message if you have agreed to this. You can also check your result in the Omakanta service. You have to stay in quarantine at home until you receive the test result.