The epidemic situation is worsening again — a full vaccination series is important if you are 60 or older or belong to a risk group
Current coronavirus information in Soite’s area on December 13th 2021.
The current situation of infection
The number of coronavirus infections has once more begun to increase in the Soite area. During last week (week 49), a total of 26 new coronavirus infections were confirmed in the Soite area. Last week, 1,060 coronavirus samples were taken. The percentage of positive samples was 2.1 %, i.e. the number of positive samples has once more begun to increase. The majority of infections were confirmed in unvaccinated persons or in persons who have not received a complete series of vaccinations. Only 31% of infections were confirmed in persons already in quarantine. 65 percent of the infections have been traced.
Five COVID-19 patients are currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia central hospital, and two of these patients are being treated at the intensive care unit. The need for hospital care has also increased compared to last week.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- Infections during last week: 26 (a week ago 20)
- In hospital care: 5 coronavirus patients
- Number of infections in the last 14 days: 46 (a week ago 59)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 59 (a week ago 76)
- 2.1 % of coronavirus test results are positive (a week ago 1.7 %)
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, a total of 6 coronavirus-related deaths have occurred in the Central Ostrobothnia hospital district
- The status of the coronavirus epidemic in Central Ostrobothnia: area with community transmission
The list of possible exposures has been updated! Coronavirus exposures may have occurred in the following places:
- December 7th 12.15 pm to 12.45 pm cafeteria Lounaskahvila Harald
- December 7th 4.15 pm to 4.45 Espresso House
- December 10th 8 am to 9.30 am SEO Peitso
The list of possible exposures in Soite’s area: https://korona.soite.fi/en/possible-exposures-to-covid-19/.
The most important part is to follow the coronavirus hygiene recommendations and seek out coronavirus testing if you are still completely unvaccinated or have not yet had your booster vaccination doses. Current recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
Especially those who are unvaccinated should seek out coronavirus testing immediately even if they only have very mild symptoms indicative of coronavirus. The coronavirus test result should be awaited at home and in quarantine so as not to potentially expose others to the coronavirus, for example in the workplace.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing within Soite’s area. Coronavirus vaccinations are now progressing with regards to all persons over the age of 12 who live in Soite’s area. Residents are now especially active in getting the third dose.
As the Christmas season approaches, more people will be visiting their relatives and friends, and thus it is important to ensure that your vaccine protection is in order. The third vaccine dose is important especially for persons aged 60 and older and for persons who belong to a medical risk group, and we encourage those who belong to these groups to get a third vaccine dose as soon as possible 5 to 6 months after the second dose. We also encourage you to get the second vaccine dose as soon as possible if you have not yet received it.
Naturally, first doses of the vaccine are also still being distributed and we encourage you to seek out coronavirus vaccination if you are completely unvaccinated. The coronavirus is not going away and it will be very difficult to avoid the disease in the future. It is significantly safer to encounter the coronavirus if you are vaccinated.
Soite’s corona vaccination indicator has been updated! In total, 89 percent of the citizens in the Soite area over the age of 12 have now received their first vaccine dose. 84.7 percent of persons over the age of 12 in the area have received their second vaccination dose. Vaccinations with the third doses are under way and so far, 15.7 percent of the persons over the age of 12 have received a third dose.
Vaccinations are given mainly during walk-in vaccination days without appointment booking, which means you can come to a coronavirus vaccination when it suits you best. First, second and third doses will be administered during the walk-in-days. At a walk-in vaccination, it is possible to arrange for the second dose to be given earlier than planned, if at least six weeks have passed since the first vaccination.
The aim is to further increase vaccination coverage in the Soite area by bringing vaccinations closer to the public and making them more easily available. Soite will be offering vaccinations at Chydenia shopping centre in Kokkola on Friday 17th of December from 4 pm to 8 pm.
This week, vaccination days without appointment booking are organized:
- December 13th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Kokkola (Kaarlelankatu 7). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 13th 3 pm to 7 pm Teerijärvi health station (Hörbyntie 8). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 14th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Perhonjokilaakso (Kirkkotanhua 1, Veteli). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 14th 9 am to 7.30 pm the vaccination central in Kokkola (Kaarlelankatu 7) Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 14th 4 pm to 7 pm Kruunupyy health station (Säbråntie 1). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 15th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Perhonjokilaakso (Kirkkotanhua 1, Veteli). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 15th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Kokkola (Kaarlelankatu 7). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 15th 4 pm to 8 pm Lestijärvi health station (Niemeläntie 3A) Vaccines: Pfizer and Moderna
- December 16th 8.30 am to 3.30 pm Kannus seurakuntakeskus (the parish centre) (Valtakatu 20). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 16th 9 am to 4 pm Perho health station (Vanhainkodintie 20) Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 16th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Kokkola (Kaarlelankatu 7). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 16th 9 am to 3.45 pm Kruunupyy health station (Säbråntie 1). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 17th 8.30 am to 3 pm Toholampi Seurakuntakoti (the parish house) (Lampintie 7). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 17th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Perhonjokilaakso (Kirkkotanhua 1, Veteli). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 17th 9 am to 3.30 pm the vaccination central in Kokkola (Kaarlelankatu 7). Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 17th 4 pm to 8 pm Shopping centre Chydenia, Kokkola: Vaccine: Pfizer
- December 18th 9 am to 3 pm the vaccination central in Kokkola (Kaarlelankatu 7). Pfizer and Moderna
Additional information and the timetable for the walk-in days can be found on Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/the-coronavirus-vaccines/
An appointment for a coronavirus vaccination may still be booked online on https://soite.terveytesi.fi/ or by phone on the number 06 828 7488. Phone hours Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm and Friday 9 am to 2 pm. You can also book an appointment via your health central.
Coronavirus certificate and coronavirus passport
Soite’s receptions are congested due to inquiries about coronavirus vaccination certificates. We ask our clients to please print their coronavirus vaccination certificates themselves from the My Kanta Pages service. You can also take a screenshot of the coronavirus vaccination passport and save the image on your phone, and this way you have access to the passport and can show it even when you do not have internet access.