Message about Soite’s coronavirus situational picture on 15th of March 2021
In the future, Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Thursdays and when needed. We will still publish information about the situational picture on Mondays as well. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
The current situation of infection
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area after the cases that were confirmed during the weekend (2 cases).
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 16 (the previous number was 22)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 20.5 (the previous number was 28)
- No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
- 0.3% of the coronavirus tests are positive. During week 10, 1745 people were tested for coronavirus in Soite.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 236
- The traceability of chains of infection is 80% in the hospital district
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: base level
If you have symptoms, stay at home and book an appointment for coronavirus testing immediately!
Remember that you should not go to work or school even if you have only mild flu-like symptoms. Remember to seek out coronavirus testing immediately even if you have only mild symptoms. You can book an appointment for coronavirus testing through the Omaolo service online or through Soite’s Coronavirus Helpline 06 828 7499 / children’s hospital tfn 06 826 4444. Link: How to book an appointment for a coronavirus test
Usually, you get an appointment for a coronavirus test for the same day. The coronavirus test result will be sent automatically to your mobile phone as a text message if you have agreed to this. You can also check your result in the Omakanta service. You have to stay in quarantine at home until you receive the test result.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing well within Soite’s area. 86 percent of persons over the age of 80 in Soite’s area have been vaccinated and 76 percent of persons aged 75 to 79 have been vaccinated. 37 % of the population in the area who belong to risk group 1 has been vaccinated. You can follow how the vaccination progresses in the area with the help of Soite’s corona vaccination indicator, which is updated on Monday afternoons at the address: https://korona.soite.fi/en/the-coronavirus-vaccines/
We want to stress that even if you have been vaccinated, you should still use a protective face mask in accordance with recommendations, maintain a safety distance of 2 meters to other people and to follow coronavirus related hygiene recommendations.
At this stage, the following have a right to vaccination:
- everyone over the age of 75 in Soite’s area as well as informal caregivers and other elderly persons (over the age of 70, e.g. partner) who live in the same household. If an informal caregiver or partner who lives in the same household is vaccinated at the same time, the appointment should be booked by phone for both persons. Informal caregivers under the age of 70 are vaccinated with a different vaccine on a different day.
- 16-69-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 and have an illness or condition that is highly predisposing to severe coronavirus disease. Additional information on THL:s web site: vaccinations for risk groups. Be prepared to prove you belong to the risk group at the vaccination site. Persons aged 16 to 17 who belong to a risk group will not be vaccinated during the mass vaccinations, but instead contacted by Soite’s department for children and young people in order to book a vaccination appointment. Informal caregivers to and persons close to persons who belong to risk group 1 and live in the same household do not have the right to vaccination at this stage.
Appointment booking for coronavirus vaccination will be opened again on Tuesday 16th of March as follows:
- telephone booking on 06 828 7488.
- between 12 noon and 1 pm, appointments will be given only to persons older than 80
- from 1 pm forward, vaccination appointments are given to everyone older than 75 as well as persons who belong to risk group 1.
- The telephone line is open as long as appointments are available. At other times, those who call will hear a message on the phone. You can also book an appointment for an elderly person by phone.
- electronic appointment booking in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fi will open for all groups currently eligible for vaccination on Tuesday 12 o’clock. Log on to the Omahoito service with your online bank user identifiers (or some other means of strong identification) in order to book an appointment for yourself. You can book an appointment for another person if you have made an agreement regarding this. Read more: https://www.soite.fi/toisen_puolesta_asiointi (in Finnish)
The electronic appointment booking runs more smoothly and we recommend that you book your appointment online if possible. If an informal caregiver or partner who lives in the same household is to be vaccinated at the same time, the appointment booking must be done by phone for both.