Information on the 17th of May 2021 on the situational picture in Soite regarding the coronavirus
The current situation of infection
23 new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about recently. The personnel does its best to investigate the further chains of infection and to contact trace those that have been exposed.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 124
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 160
- One COVID-19 patient is currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia’s central hospital.
- 2.9% of the coronavirus tests are positive. During week 19, circa 3500 coronavirus tests were taken.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 387
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: community transmission phase
New possible places of exposure:
- Thursday 13th of May circa 2 pm to 5 pm Halpa-Halli, Kannus
- Thursday 13th of May circa 2 pm to 5 pm S-Market, Kannus
- Thursday 13th of May 12 noon to 8 pm Motonet, Kokkola
- Friday 14th May 12 noon to 8 pm Motonet, Kokkola
The list of possible mass exposure places has been corrected regarding the date of the exposure at testaurant Casa in Lohtaja. The correct time of exposure is Friday 14th of May 5 pm to 5.35 pm. New places will be added on the list of exposure sites on Soite’s coronavirus website as needed. The list of all possible places of exposure can be found at Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/possible-exposures-to-covid-19/. The most recent places of exposure will also be listed on the front page of Soite’s coronavirus website.
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathers on Tuesday 18th of May 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional regulations and recommendations.
The coronavirus situation in Central Ostrobothnia has worsened significantly. It is now very important to keep the number of close contacts to a minimum and to be mindful of proper use of face masks, maintain a safety distance of 2 meters and exercise good hand hygiene. Unnecessary social gatherings should be avoided! The coronavirus hygiene instructions and regional recommendations for the prevention of coronavirus infection must be followed. Current regulations and recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
If you have symptoms, stay at home and book an appointment for coronavirus testing immediately!
Remember to seek out coronavirus testing immediately even if you have only mild symptoms. You can book an appointment for coronavirus testing through the Omaolo service online or through Soite’s Coronavirus Helpline 06 828 7499 / children’s hospital phone 06 826 4444. Link: How to book an appointment for a coronavirus test
The coronavirus test result will be sent automatically to your mobile phone as a text message if you have agreed to this. You can also check your result in the Omakanta service. You have to stay in quarantine at home until you receive the test result.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing well within Soite’s area. Currently, vaccination is open for all residents over the age of 50 as well as 16–64-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 or 2 and have an illness or condition that is very highly or highly predisposing to severe coronavirus disease.
Appointment booking by phone will open anew on Tuesday 18th of May 2021 at 12 noon and more appointments will also become available in the Omahoito electronic appointment booking system on Tuesday at 12 noon. Appointment times will be added to the electronic booking system at other times as well if they become available due to cancellations or sudden increases in the number of vaccines. The Omahoito service is open 24/7. Days on which appointment times are available will be marked with green in the web calendar.
Soite’s corona vaccination indicator has been updated. In all, 41% of the citizens in Central Ostrobothnia health care district over the age of 16 have now received their first vaccine dose. 93% of persons over the age of 70 in Soite’s area have now been vaccinated. 6% of persons over the age of 16 have received their second vaccination dose.
Please follow Soite’s channels on the web and on social media as well as the local media in order to see when your age group has the right to a vaccination!
Changes in Soite’s operations during the coronavirus pandemic
Due to the rapidly worsened coronavirus situation, the health center receptions will treat only patients in need of urgent care from 18th of May to 30th of May. Others will be treated primarily remotely (by telephone, electronic channels) to the extent this is possible or, alternatively, their appointment is cancelled and these patients are asked to book a new appointment once the coronavirus situation has calmed down. Patients will be notified separately if their appointment is cancelled or transferred to remote treatment.
- The reception in Koivuhaka is closed until 28th of June 2021, after which its summer closure begins.
- Day activities arranged for the elderly will be paused until 20th of June.
- Within the services for the disabled, work and day activities will be restricted and client-specific solutions will be implemented until 20th of June 2021.
- Group activities within the mental health and substance abuse services and adult social services are on hiatus from 18th May to 30th May 2021.
- Koivutupa is closed from 18th May to 30th May 2021.
- The number of planned surgeries will also have to be reduced.
- The coronavirus situation also brings changes at the Women’s Clinic:
- The spouse or one support person may be present during childbirth.
- Labour reception/post-term check-ups: the spouse/a support person who does not have any symptoms may be present.
- A support person with no symptoms can visit the departments for 2 hours. The visiting hours at the department are 10 am to 7 pm.
- Depending on the situation, family rooms are available for those who have already during their pregnancy planned to give birth at Soite. A symptom free support persons may visit in a family room, no unnecessary visits outside the room or to the city.
- The siblings of a newborn child are not allowed to visit the department.
Corona-related changes in the opening hours of services can be found on Soite’s coronavirus website: https://korona.soite.fi/soiten-toiminta/