Information on the 8th of March 2021 on the situational picture in Soite when it comes to the coronavirus
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. We will still publish information about the situational picture on Mondays as well. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
The current situation of infection
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area after the cases we informed about during the weekend.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 22 (the previous number was 22)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 28 (the previous number was 28)
- No patients with COVID-19 are treated at the moment at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
- 0.5% of the coronavirus tests are positive. 1580 coronavirus tests were taken in Soite during week 9.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 231
- The traceability of chains of infections is 80 %
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: base level
The coronavirus vaccinations of the citizens are progressing in Soite’s area. At this stage, the following have a right to vaccination:
- everyone over the age of 75 in Soite’s area as well as informal caregivers and other elderly persons (over the age of 70, e.g. partner) who live in the same household. If an informal caregiver or partner who lives in the same household is vaccinated at the same time, the appointment should be booked by phone for both persons. Informal caregivers under the age of 70 are vaccinated with a different vaccine on a different day.
- 16-69-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 and have an illness or condition that is highly predisposing to severe coronavirus disease. More information on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL thl.fi/riskiryhmienrokotukset. Be prepared to prove you belong to the risk group at the vaccination site. 16-17-year-old persons who belong to risk group 1 are not vaccinated at the mass vaccinations. Instead, they are contacted by Soite’s unit for children and young people in order to arrange a vaccination appointment. Informal caregivers to and persons close to persons who belong to risk group 1 and live in the same household do not have the right to vaccination at this stage.
The appointment booking for coronavirus vaccinations opens again on Tuesday the 9th of March 2021 at 12 p.m. An appointment for a coronavirus vaccination can be booked online or by phone:
- booking by phone: 06 828 7488. Open on Tuesdays from 12 p.m. as long as appointments are available. At other times, those who call will hear a message on the phone. An appointment can be booked by phone on behalf of an elderly person.
- electronic appointment booking in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fi You have to log in to the Omahoito service with your own bank codes (or other secure identification) before you can book an appointment for yourself. You can book an appointment for another person if you have made an agreement regarding this. Read more: https://www.soite.fi/toisen_puolesta_asiointi (in Finnish)
The online booking works more smoothly and we recommend that appointments are booked online if possible. If an informal caregiver or husband/wife who lives in the same household is vaccinated at the same time, the appointment should be booked by phone for both persons.
You can follow how the vaccination progresses in the area with the help of Soite’s corona vaccination indicator, which is updated on Monday afternoons.