Six new coronavirus infections in the Soite area
Six new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
Unfortunately, Soite’s infection tracking unit is under a considerable workload, which means those who are already in quarantine cannot be contacted by phone daily. Please call our coronavirus helpline on the number 06 828 7499 if you get symptoms while in quarantine. If your condition requires acute care, call Soite’s medical helpline 116 117.
During the quarantine you can update information about your symptoms daily through the BuddyCare mobile application, which can be used for monitoring yourself at home. The mobile application makes the job easier for Soite’s healthcare personnel by automatically gathering information through symptom enquiries.
The list of possible exposure situations has been updated as follows:
- Tuesday 10th of August 4.30 pm to 6 pm Kipparihalli, Kokkola
- Tuesday 10th of August 8.30 am to 9.30 am Lidl, central Kokkola
- Tuesday 10th of August 12 noon to 1 pm Tervahovi pharmacy, Kokkola
- Tuesday 10th of August 3 pm to 4 pm Prisma, Kokkola
We ask those who have visited a possible exposure place to observe themselves for any symptoms and book an appointment for coronavirus testing even if they only have mild symptoms. Please observe that even if you have visited a potential exposure place, you do not have to contact Soite by phone if you do not have any symptoms. It is enough if you follow the coronavirus recommendations i.e. keep the number of close contacts to a minimum, avoid unnecessary social gatherings and be mindful of proper use of face masks, maintain a safety distance of 2 meters and exercise good hand hygiene. If you have even just mild symptoms, please book an appointment for coronavirus testing.
You can easily book an appointment for coronavirus testing through the Omaolo service online or via Soite’s Coronavirus Helpline 06 828 7499 / via the children’s hospital, phone 06 826 4444.
Coronavirus vaccinations are underway for all young people aged 12–15 in the region in accordance with the national decree. Everyone aged 12 and older can now receive the coronavirus vaccine.
Next week, vaccination days without an appointment will be arranged:
- Tuesday 17th of August 4 pm to 8 pm at the vaccination central in Kokkola (Halpa-Halli’s old building, Kaarlelankatu 7)
- Wednesday 18th of August from 2 to 4 pm at Teerijärvi health station (Hörbyntie 8)
- Saturday 21st of August 9 am to 3 pm at the vaccination central in Kokkola (Halpa-Halli’s old building, Kaarlelankatu 7)
- Saturday 21st of August 8.30 am to 6 pm at the seurakuntakoti (parish house) in Kannus (Valtakatu 20, Kannus)
- Saturday 21st of August 9 am to 7 pm Perhonjokilaakso vaccination central (place: Passeli's old building, Kirkkotanhua 1, 69700 Veteli)
On an appointment-free vaccination day, you can get your first coronavirus vaccination when it suits you best. The appointment-free vaccination days only apply to the first dose. An appointment for the second dose of the coronavirus vaccine is given at the time of the first vaccination.
For other days, you can book a vaccination appointment online or by phone. Electronic appointment booking online in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fi/portal#/main is open 24/7. Days on which appointment times are available are marked with green in the web calendar.
Telephone booking is open on Tuesdays from 12 noon to 3 pm at the number 06 828 7488. Telephone booking for 12–15-year-old persons is open at the number 06 828 7488 on Monday 16th of August 2021 from 3 pm to 8 pm.