Soite continues on the base level when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic — three new cases today
The Central Ostrobothnia regional COVID-19 group of authorities had a meeting on Wednesday the 10th of March 2021 in order to assess the situational picture and the regional recommendations. Soite’s area continues to be on the base level when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic. The validity of the regional recommendations was extended to the 31st of March 2021. Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area.
During last week, 11 positive coronavirus cases were confirmed in Soite’s area. The share of positive test results was 0.5% (of 1586 tests). The incidence during the past 14 days was 28/100 000 residents. No patients are cared for at the hospital because of COVID-19. All recent sources of infection have been traced.
The group of authorities decided that Soite may continue on the base level because the situation is calm and the figures that were given support this decision. The group of authorities made no changes in the current regional recommendations concerning the coronavirus epidemic. The most central of the recommendations are:
- it is recommended that no more than 10 persons are present at private gatherings
- indoor hobbies for adults have been put on hold
- children and adolescents (0-20-year-olds) may continue with hobbies in groups of under 20
- swimming halls, libraries etc. are open with special arrangements.
- The wider recommendation on the use of face masks also applies to students in grades 7-9 and upper secondary institutes.
In Kruunupyy, the schools follow Soite’s recommendations, whereas the regulations concerning restaurants depend on which region the municipality belongs to.
The regulation by The Regional State Administrative Agency on restricting the number of participants in public events and public gatherings to 20 persons is in effect through the 31st of March 2021.
Current recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
The regional COVID-19 group of authorities has its next meeting on the 17th of March 2021.
The situation today
Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The chains of infection are known and those close to the infected person who have been exposed have been contact traced.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en.
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (under 16-year-old persons who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7). If your health requires urgent care, call Soite’s Medical Helpline, 116 117.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer often
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance to other people - remember a safe distance of 2 metres!
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing at an early stage and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn.