Soite continues on the base level when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic — one new case today
The Central Ostrobothnia regional COVID-19 authority task group had an extra meeting on Friday the 26th of February 2021 in order to assess the situational picture and the regional recommendations. Soite’s area continues on the base level when it comes to the coronavirus epidemic and the recommendations are still valid until the 15th of March 2021. One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area.
The Central Ostrobothnia regional COVID-19 authority task group had an extra meeting on Friday the 26th of February 2021 in order to assess the situational picture because the coronavirus situation worsened quickly on Thursday the 25th of February 2021. Four new coronavirus cases were confirmed in Soite’s area on Thursday afternoon and the cases did not seem to be related to one another or the the chains of infection that have previously been confirmed in the area.
The authority task group noted that the area is close to meeting the criteria for moving from the base level to the acceleration phase, but that currently this assessment cannot be made. The regional situation does not yet meet all the criteria for the acceleration phase. Therefore, Soite’s area remains at the coronavirus base level until further notice. The next couple of days will show how the chains of infections develop and if clusters of infections form in the area. The situation is being closely monitored and the near future will show if there is an epidemiologic basis for reclassifying the area as an acceleration phase area, which would result in stricter restrictions in the area.
The directive from the Regional State Administrative Agency (Aluehallintovirasto) regarding a maximum of 20 participants at public events and gatherings, both indoors and outdoors, is in effect until 1st of March 2021. The Regional State Administrative Agency will give a new directive regarding the restrictions on participants today. Within Soite’s area, the regional authority group still recommends that no private gatherings with more than 10 participants should be arranged.
Current recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
The regional COVID-19 authority task group has its next meeting on Monday 1st of March 2021.
The authority task group also wishes to remind everyone of the update of the Communicable Diseases Act, which came into effect on Monday 22 February 2021, and in particular § 58 c of the Act, which obliges all actors in the Soite area to within their premises act to prevent the spread of the corona epidemic. In practice, this means the possibility of maintaining a safety distance of 2 meters and washing one’s hands has to be ensured for all clients and participants visiting the premises. The Act also states that workspaces and surfaces have to be thoroughly cleaned.
The situation today
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The chain of infection is known and the infected person was already in quarantine. The case has thus not lead to any new exposures.
A possible exposure:
- Between the 21st and the 23rd of February at the grocery store Sale in Koivuhaka in Kokkola. A customer who has been to the store has later been tested positive for the coronavirus. We ask that those who have been to Sale during the above-mentioned period keep an eye on their symptoms and seek out coronavirus testing with a low threshold.
One of the coronavirus cases that was confirmed yesterday has been found in closer examination to be a so called false positive, i.e. the test has in further examination been found to be negative. The statistics on Soite’s website will be corrected.
The regional situational picture can be found on Soite’s coronavirus website. Link: the situational picture.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at: https://www.omaolo.fi/palvelut/oirearviot/649.
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (under 16-year-old persons who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7). If your health requires urgent care, call Soite’s Medical Helpline, 116 117.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer often
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance of 2 metres to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing at an early stage and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn.