Soite remains at the coronavirus base level — the mask recommendation has been expanded to also include junior high school students
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Wednesday 3rd of March 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional recommendations. Overall, the situation in Central Ostrobothnia is calm and therefore Soite remains at the coronavirus base level.
The authority task group decided to update the regulations and recommendations for the area so that the mask recommendation is expanded to include junior high school students in grades 7 to 9 starting Monday 8.3. Junior high school students will also be urged to seek out coronavirus testing even if they have only mild symptoms.
The updated mask recommendation and other current regional recommendations remain in effect until 15th of March.
The authority task group has its next meeting on Wednesday 10th of March 2021.
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. Those close to the infected person who have been exposed have been contact traced and placed in quarantine.
No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
In total, 222 cases of coronavirus infections have been confirmed in the hospital district of Central Ostrobothnia during the pandemic.
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough in your sleeve or in a tissue
- Keep a distance to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- When it’s your turn, take the coronavirus vaccine.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (for persons younger than 16 who are ill). Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.