Soite remains at the coronavirus base level — one new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Wednesday 10th of February 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional recommendations. Soite remains at the coronavirus base level and current recommendations remain in effect until 28th of February 2021. One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area.
Last week, a total of nine new coronavirus infections were confirmed in Soite’s area, the majority of which are related to the Skellefteå chain of infection. Over the past 14 days, a total of 21 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite and the incidence of infections during the last 14 days is currently 25.6 /100 000 citizens
Overall, the coronavirus situation in Soite’s area is still calm. Those who are in quarantine will be tested once more before being released from quarantine. No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital. Clients at around-the-clock care and treatment units have been vaccinated and mass vaccinations of persons over the age of 80 have begun.
Central Ostrobothnia’s COVID-19 authority task group issued guidelines that Central Ostrobothnia will remain at the coronavirus base level, since the situation has been under control and the contact tracing and quarantines have been well executed. The current regional coronavirus recommendations remain in effect until 28th of February 2021.
The directive from the Regional State Administrative Agency (Aluehallintovirasto) regarding a maximum of 20 participants at public events and gatherings, both indoors and outdoors, is in effect until the 1st of March 2021. The Regional State Administrative Agency strongly recommends avoiding all physical gatherings if one does not have to organize them.
Current recommendations regarding the coronavirus epidemic within Soite’s area are listed on Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
The regional COVID-19 authority task group has its next meeting on Wednesday 17th of February 2021.
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The infection is linked to the chain of infection in Skellefteå.
The regional situational picture can be found at Soite’s corona website: https://korona.soite.fi/en/corona-virus-info/
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough in your sleeve or in a tissue
- Keep a distance to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- When it’s your turn, take the coronavirus vaccine.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the corona symptom evaluation at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/
- By calling Soite’s coronavirus helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's common emergency clinic (i.e. yhteispäivystys/samjouren), phone 116 117.