Soite’s area remains at the coronavirus base level – three new cases
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Wednesday 31st of March 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional recommendations. Soite’s area remains at the coronavirus base level. The current regional coronavirus recommendations remain in effect until 18th of April 2021. Three new cases of coronavirus infection have been confirmed in Soite’s area.
Last week (week 12) a total of 3 new coronavirus infections were confirmed in Soite’s area. 4 people were quarantined. The percentage of positive samples was 0.2 % (number of tests 1320). The incidence of infections during the last 14 days is 11.6/100,000 citizens. No patients are currently being treated at the Central Hospital because of COVID-19. The recent coronavirus infections are mainly related to travelling and social gatherings.
The coronavirus situation in the area has remained calm. Therefore, current recommendations will remain unchanged and Soite continues at the coronavirus base level. The regional recommendations remain unchanged and in effect until 18th of April 2021. Maintaining a calm coronavirus situation requires every possible safety measure and that everyone behaves responsibly in their everyday life.
Since the recent coronavirus infections are related to travelling and social gatherings, we wish to remind everyone of the importance of minimizing social contacts. Easter should be spent in the company of your family circle.
Recommendations for a coronasafe Easter:
- It is recommended that you spend Easter only with your closest near and dear ones, with family members who live in the same household, and preferably in your own municipality.
- Easter witches can perform their visits in small groups and children older than 12 must use a protective mask. Easter witches must remember to maintain a safety of at least 2 meters during their visits.
- When visiting Easter bonfires, maintain safety distances and remember the recommendation of no more than 10 participants at social gatherings.
- Remember good hand hygiene, too!
- Seek out coronavirus testing immediately and even if you have only very mild symptoms.
The directive from the Regional State Administrative Agency (Aluehallintovirasto) regarding a maximum of 20 participants at public events and gatherings, both indoors and outdoors, is in effect until 30th of April 2021. The authority task group recommends that no gatherings with more than 10 participants should be arranged in the area.
The regional COVID-19 authority task group has its next meeting on Wednesday 7th of April 2021.
Three new cases of coronavirus infection have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The chain of infection has been mapped and those close to the infected persons who have been exposed have been contact traced.