Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 11th of Jauary 2021
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The chains of infection have been traced and those exposed have been mapped. No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 6
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 7.7
- 0.2% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 157
- The traceability of chains of infection is 80% in the hospital district
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: acceleration stage
According to the changed recommendations by the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare, Soite has updated its regional age recommendations regarding protective masks: protective masks are recommended för everyone over 12 years of age. In primary school the use of protective masks is recommended from grade 6 up. Additional information Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare’s web site and Soite’s corona website.
Coronavirus vaccinations have begun at Soite’s departments. During february, Soite will receive coronavirus vaccines every other week.
A small number of flu vaccines have been returned to Soite, and thus flu vaccinations for the elderly and for members of risk groups can be continued. We ask elderly people and risk groups to contact their own health center to book appointments for flu vaccinations. The flu vaccine is particularly important: if you contract both diseases (the flu and the coronavirus) at the same time, you are at a considerably greater risk of serious illness.