Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 16th of November 2020
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
One new coronavirus case has been confirmed in Soite’s area. The infection is connected to the earlier chain of infections in the Kruunupyy area, which we informed about for the first time on the 12th of November 2020. The infections started to spread at a family event, which has now lead to 12 infections.
85 persons are at this moment in quarantine in Soite’s area.
Visits are restricted at all housing units of 24-hour care in Kruunupyy. Soite makes safe contact possible, however, with the help of plexiglasses, balconies and video calls. Special arrangements now apply at the units Solgården and Regnbågen, which offer services for the disabled in the Kruunupyy area. Combining transports that the travel service centre arranges is prohibited in the Kruunupyy area until the 23rd of November 2020. Decisions on more detailed restrictions in the Kruunupyy area are made in the group of authorities on Wednesday the 18th of November 2020.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- In the last 14 days, 18 infections have been confirmed.
- The incidence is currently 23/100 000 citizens in Soite’s area when it comes to the last 14 days.
- Under 1% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
- Over 80 % of the chains of infection are known.
- Overall, 112 coronavirus infections have now been confirmed in Central Ostrobothnia hospital district during the whole pandemic.
- Link: The updated situational picture
The coronavirus task group noted that mass exposures that could have led to extensive quarantines and to a large number of coronavirus cases have been avoided in the region thanks to conscientious use of face masks. Face masks prevent the coronavirus from spreading. Thank you for using a face mask and for practising good hand hygiene!
It is important to get tested even if one only has mild symptoms!
You can contact Soite’s infection reception by filling in the coronavirus symptom check-up in the Omaolo service at: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en. If your symptoms require it, your contact information can be conveyed to Soite. Alternatively, you can book a time yourself via Omaolo to a drive-in testing site. The coronavirus helpline is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on weekends from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., phone 06 828 7499.
Everyone can help prevent infections
A broader recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in Soite’s area. A face mask is one method of preventing the spread of coronavirus infections.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- Wash your hands
- Cough into your sleeve or into a disposable handkerchief
- Keep a distance to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app