Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 18th of January 2021
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
Current situation of Infection
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The latest positive coronavirus infection in the area was confirmed on the 15th of January 2021.
One COVID-19 patient is currently being treated at Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 3 (the previous number was 6)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 3.8 (the previous number was 7.7)
- 0.1% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 158
- The traceability of chains of infection is 80%
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: base level
During week 2, 1060 people were tested for coronavirus in Soite.
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing within Soite’s area. Currently, personnel and elderly residents at Soite’s around-the-clock care home units are being vaccinated. Mass vaccinations of people aged 80 and older will start at the beginning of February. Soite will in the near future distribute an information bulletin about the coronavirus vaccinations to the households in the region.
Of the employees at Soite who treat coronavirus patients, 95 percent have been vaccinated. About 75 percent of the employees that belong to group 5 of the criteria groups (critical social and health care personnel) have been vaccinated. This week, the administration of the second dose of the vaccine will begin for Soite’s personnel.