Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 25th of February 2021
From now on, Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Thursdays and when needed. We will still publish information about the situational picture on Mondays as well. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
The current situation of infection
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area after the infections we reported about yesterday.
No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
Over the past 14 days, a total of 19 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite and the incidence of infections during the last 14 days is currently 24 /100 000 citizens The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began is now 212.
Today, the Finnish government informed about stricter measures against the corona pandemic, the transition to tier 2 and the declaration of a state of emergency (link: the message from government). Soite’s area is currently at base level regarding the coronavirus pandemic, and therefore no new restrictions will be implemented in Soite’s area. The restrictions and recommendations for Soite’s area can be found on the page Regulations and recommendations.
Soite’s coronavirus task group wants to thank the citizens in the area for following the corona recommendations! We hope everyone will continue to follow them, so that the situation of infection does not worsen into the acceleration phase. It is especially important to keep the number of close contacts to a minimum and to be mindful of proper use of face masks, safety distances and hand hygiene.
As the winter holidays approach, we also want to remind everyone of THL’s instructions regarding safe winter holidays:
- Spend the winter holidays preferably with your closest friends and family and avoid large crowds.
- Ski tracks, forests, and hills for sledding are the safest places to enjoy the upcoming holiday. The risk of being infected by the coronavirus is low when exercising out of doors.
- Those with symptoms of coronavirus disease should not take part in any holiday activities. Seek out coronavirus testing immediately: https://korona.soite.fi/en/instructions/
Coronavirus vaccinations are progressing within Soite’s area and appointment booking to vaccinations will expand
- Appointment booking to coronavirus vaccinations for 18-69 year-olds who live in Soite’s area and belong to risk group 1 opens in the electronic Omahoito service on Friday 26th of February 2021 at 12 noon and Soite’s phone line for appointment booking on Tuesday 2nd of March 2021 at 12 noon. Persons who belong to risk groups will no longer be personally contacted about coronavirus vaccination, instead everyone has to book an appointment themselves. Persons who belong to risk groups should be prepared to prove that they belong to a risk group at the vaccination site (e.g. by showing their Kela card or a copy of their epicrisis or prescription).
- Appointment booking to coronavirus vaccinations will be opened for persons aged 75 to 79 who are residents in Soite’s area on Tuesday 2nd of March 2021 at 12 noon. You can book an appointment electronically through the Omahoito service or by phone.
- The corona vaccinations for persons aged 80 and older will also continue and also for this group, appointment booking by phone as well as in the Omahoito service will open on Tuesday 2nd of March at 12 noon.
You can book an appointment for coronavirus vaccination either electronically or by phone:
- book an appointment by phone: 06 828 7488. Opens Tuesdays at 12 noon as long as there are appointments available. At other times, you will hear a recorded message. You can also book an appointment for an elderly person by phone.
- electronic appointment booking in the Omahoito service on the address: https://soite.terveytesi.fiYou have to log in to the Omahoito service with your own bank codes (or other secure identification) before you can book an appointment for yourself. You can book an appointment for another person if you have made an agreement regarding this. Read more: https://www.soite.fi/toisen_puolesta_asiointi (in Finnish)
The electronic appointment booking runs more smoothly and we recommend that you book your appointment online if possible. If an informal caregiver or partner who lives in the same household is to be vaccinated at the same time, the appointment booking must be done by phone for both.
Please make sure that your elderly relatives get a vaccination appointment and get to the vaccination site.
You can follow how the vaccination progresses in the area with the help of Soite’s coronavirus vaccination indicator, which is updated on Monday afternoons on the page Coronavirus vaccines.