Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 28th of May 2020
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a daily meeting and updates the situational picture. The situation is still calm in Soite’s area and the preparations proceed according to plan.
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed today in Soite’s area. No coronavirus patients are cared for on wards. Overall, 24 coronavirus infections have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The situation is calm at the infection receptions and on the coronavirus helpline. Coronavirus tests are done with a low threshold when a person has symptoms of the coronavirus.
The following updates were made on the list on changes in opening hours and other changes in Soite:
- The Finnish Government has given a guideline that rehabilitative work activities are opened gradually and in a controlled manner starting on the 1st of June. Clients of Soite’s social services may again take part in rehabilitative work activities at the workplaces for work activity starting on the 1st of June 2020. The recommendations that have been given are followed when work activities are arranged. It is possible to continue with web training and remote work activities until the 31st of July 2020 as needed.
- Patients that need urgent care and an increasing number of patients in need of non-urgent care are treated by the nurses and doctors on the outpatient clinic of physiatrics, neurology, chronic pain and rehabilitation examination.
Persons that belong to an at-risk group and persons over the age of 70 are received at the clinics based on an assessment.When possible, some of the appointments are carried out by phone and remotely.
- When it comes to outsourced rehabilitation, rehabilitation may continue if it is essential for the health and/or development or if there is a risk the client's situation will worsen significantly if the therapy is interrupted for a long time. When possible, the service is carried out remotely.
- Soite carries out rehabilitation remotely if possible, but if it is not possible, rehabilitation can be carried out on outpatient clinics, in daycare, in school or at home.
Some non-urgent rehabilitation is carried out on outpatient clinics and as home visits if the coronavirus situation allows it. This is carried out based on an assessment when it comes to persons that belong to an at-risk group and persons over the age of 70.
- The centre for assistive devices continues its work with restrictions. The lending of assistive devices is open. Please call the centre for assistive devices or the lending of assistive devices before you visit the unit.
- The health clinic for seniors Daalia opens telephone appointments on the 1st of June 2020
- The health clinics for seniors in the river dales (jokilaaksot) open telephone appointments on the 20th of July 2020
- The contact information for the health clinics for seniors can be found on www.soite.fi
- The plan is that the rehabilitative day activities for the elderly will open on the 3rd of August 2020 (please observe that the date may change depending on the coronavirus situation)
- The cycle rickshaw is not in use as long as visits are not allowed in housing services