Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 31st of December 2020
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan. The situation is calm.
No new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The first doses of corona vaccines in Soite were administered yesterday December 30th and the vaccination of personnel will continue during week 1 of 2021. The task force wants to remind everyone that despite the vaccinations, it is still important to wash and desinfect your hands and use a mask and maintain safety distances. These basic corona safety measure can not yet be comproomised with.
Furthermore, the task force wants to remind everyone that the coronavirus test stations are open for testing also on New Year’s Day and during weekends. You should come take a coronavirus test immediately even if you have only mild symptoms indicative of corona.
Recommendations for the New Year’s celebrations
The coronavirus task group gave its recommendations for the New Year’s celebrations on December 31st 2020. During the pandemic, it is recommended that the festivities are arranged as distance gatherings, and that masks and adequate safety measures are implemented during physical meetings. This year during the New Year’s fireworks, remember to observe not only the usual safety measures but also corona safety.
Soite wishes everyone a Happy New Year with the following instructions:
- Do not participate in festivities if you are unwell - stay at home if you have symptoms indicative of corona
- Limit the number of participants during gatherings - the risk of an infection spreading is significantly reduced if a group consists of fewer than 10 people. Please observe that even while shooting fireworks outdoors, the number of people gathered should be limited to under 10.
- Follow the instructions - maintain safety distances, hygiene and other safety measures
- Know your company - participant lists or apps help if you need to keep track of participants
- Have a good time - we all need to have fun!
We will inform about the coronavirus situation during the period 1–3.1.2021 only if the situation changes substantially in Soite’s area. The coronavirus task group has its next meeting on Monday 4th of January and the situational picture is also updated then.
The task group wisheseveryone a safe New Year!