Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 3rd of December 2020
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. The infections are connected to a known chain of infections and all of the infected persons were already in quarantine.
Two persons who have been infected with the coronavirus are cared for at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
Overall, 141 coronavirus infections have now been confirmed in Central Ostrobothnia hospital district during the whole pandemic.
The COVID-19 regional group of authorities in Central Ostrobothnia had an extra meeting on Thursday 3rd of December 2020 in order to specify the recommendations for Soite’s area in accordance with instructions given by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health on the 2nd of December 2020. The most central specifications in the recommendations are as follows:
Recommendations on gatherings:
- it is recommended that public gatherings of over ten persons are not arranged
- It is recommended that hobbies are moved outdoors or arranged remotely if possible.
- Hobbies for children and youths may continue in groups of under 20 persons, but social distances must be maintained and hygiene practises followed. It is recommended that games, tournaments and performances are arranged without an audience (e.g. streaming). It is recommended that hobbies for children and youths are arranged outdoors.
- It is recommended that the teaching at workers’ institutes and adult education centres and in basic education in the arts that takes place indoors is concluded for this season or is arranged remotely.
Public spaces that the municipalities maintain:
- It is recommended that swimming halls, spas and public saunas are closed.
- Arranging other sports than team sports can be made possible in sportshalls if safety precautions are followed.
- Youth spaces can be kept open with special arrangements.
- It is recommended that libraries only lend books and do not arrange other functions (library busses, spaces to read newspapers, visits by authors, book circles etc. are put on hold)
Recommendations for educational institutions:
- Upper secondary institutions continue for now with contact education, but safety instructions concering the coronavirus are followed carefully and a strong recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in upper secondary institutions.
All the updated regulations and recommendations for Soite’s area for the acceleration stage concering the COVID-19 epidemic are found on https://korona.soite.fi/en/recommendations/
The coronavirus situation leads to changes in Soite for the period 3.12 — 23.12.2020:
- The number of participants is limited in all group activities: about ten persons are allowed in the same space at one time. The size of the group must be smaller if the space limits the activities.
- Day activities in psychiatry and day activities for the elderly: limited only to persons who according to assessment are in most need of support.
- Koivutupa: open functions that does not require signing up is put on hold (in addition to that there a Christmas break 21 - 27.12.2020).
- The activity centres in services for the disabled: persons who live at home and persons who live in housing services are kept separate. Work and day activities are arranged in the housing services units for persons who live in housing services. Applies until the Christmas break, which starts on the 23rd of December 2020.
- Green Care services: continue as before, but meals etc. are arranged separately for persons who live at home and for persons who live in housing services
Restrictions on visits in housing services 3.12 — 21.12.2020:
- relations/close people may visit but safety precautions must be followed in accordance with instructions from the unit
- other visits are prohibited