Soite’s coronavirus task group informs on the 4th of January 2021
Soite’s coronavirus task group has a meeting on Mondays, Thursdays and when needed and it updates the situational picture. The preparedness is in accordance with plan.
Two new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. Regarding one of these infections, those exposed have already been mapped and placed in quarantine. The mapping of the second infection is still not quite completed. Most of the recent infections are connected to traveling.
No patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The key figures in the situational picture have been updated:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 7 (the previous number was 3)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 9 (the previous number was 3.8)
- 0.6% of the coronavirus tests are positive (the previous number was 0,2%)
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 155
- The traceability of chains of infection is 80% in the hospital district
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: acceleration stage
The COVID-19 regional group of authorities in Central Ostrobothnia has its next meeting on the 30th of December 2020 and will analyse the situational picture in the region.
Coronavirus vaccinations have begun at Soite’s departments. During weeks 1 and 2, social and health care personnel working in direct contact with coronavirus patients will be vaccinated. Coronavirus vaccinations at units treating the elderly will begin in week 4 with vaccinations for residents as well as personnel.