The situational picture
The numbers in the situational picture are updated once a week on Mondays. The coronavirus vaccination indicator is also updated on Mondays. The key figures regarding the regional situation of infection can also be found in the coronavirus map of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL.
The information has been updated on the 18th of October 2021
- Number of infections last week: 75 (for more information, please read the weekly bulletin)
- In hospital 7 patients with COVID-19
- Number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 132
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens:
- 4.9% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
- Traceability of chains of infections 85%
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: community transmission phase
The vaccinations of citizens are currently progressing:
- all persons over the age of 12 in Soite’s area
- a third dose for immunocompromised persons who are 12 years old and older and social and health care personnel
- Appointment booking, walk-in days and more information about the coronavirus vaccines
- Soite's coronavirus indicator
Regulations and recommendations in Soite’s area:
When public events are organized, the instructions from the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL as well as the letter by the ministry of Social Affairs and Health must be adhered to. For example events where admission tickets are sold to the public should observe the guidelines issued by the Regional State Administrative Agency and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
Recommendations by the regional COVID-19 authority task group:
- The regional COVID-19 group of authorities strongly emphasizes the importance of observing safety distances and hygiene guidelines at all gatherings and hobbies.
- An extensive recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in Soite's area and it also applies to private gatherings and hobbies.
- A recommendation on working from home is in effect until 31st of October 2021. It is recommended that employers utilise a so called hybrid model where some of the work is, if possible, done remotely in turns, so that only a part of the personnel present at the workplace at the same time. The employer is responsible for coronavirus safety in the workplace. Workplaces are advised to spread out breaks and to maintain safe distances.
- Gatherings should be kept as small as possible and, if possible, people should gather in smaller groups at a time. A guest book, for example, can be used to note the times when guests arrive and leave. This helps in a possible exposure situation when persons who have been exposed must be traced.
- In hobbies and when private gatherings are organized, special attention must be paid to the general coronavirus instructions and hygiene guidelines. Keeping safe distances is still recommended. Safety instructions must be followed when gatherings are organized: Link: Instructions to event organizers in Soite’s area
- One should attend gatherings and hobbies only if absolutely healthy
- Soite’s area remains in the community transmission phase – the authority task group stresses the importance of following the coronavirus recommendations
- Current Coronavirus Information in Soite’s Area on October 18th 2021
- The coronavirus situation is still serious in the Soite area
- Changes in opening hours in Soite due to the coronavirus epidemic
- Soite continues in the community transmission phase — the recommendation on remote work and the extensive recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect