Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area, exposures in Hollihaan koulu and Kokkolan ammattiopisto
Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area and these have led to two mass exposures. The cases are part of the same extensive chain of infections we have informed about during the last few days and which started at a first of May brunch. The chain of infections has led to several further infections and Soite’s personnel is doing its best to investigate the further chains of infection and to contact trace those who have been exposed to the coronavirus.
The pupils in one of the classes in grade 5 in Hollihaan koulu in Kokkola may have been exposed to a coronavirus infection and the pupils in the class have been placed in quarantine. To ensure continued education, the pupils in the class in question in Hollihaan koulu will transition to distance education on Monday 10th of May 2021. The city of Kokkola will give pupils and parents more detailed information via the software Wilma about the exposure and about how the education is organized. The quarantine continues until 20th of May 2021.
Another mass exposure has taken place at Kokkolan ammattiopisto and the close contacts of the infected student have been placed in quarantine. The infection most likely originates from the Jobsteri event on 5th of May 2021. The students are asked to follow the information from Kokkolan ammattiopisto via Wilma.
In all, about 250 persons have been placed in quarantine in Soite’s area during the last few days.
In the last 14 days, 15 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area and the incidence of infection is now 19.4/100 000 citizens during 14 days. 0.8% of the coronavirus tests are currently positive.
The coronavirus situation has worsened significantly in Central Ostrobothnia during this week. It is now of utmost importance to reduce the number of close contacts as much as possible and to use face masks carefully, to maintain safety distances of 2 metres and to practice good hand hygiene. Unnecessary gatherings should be avoided! The coronavirus hygiene instructions and the regional recommendations must be followed.
Now new places of possible exposures to the coronavirus have been added to the list. The places where exposures may have happened are thus:
- Sunday 2nd of May between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Word of Faith Church Finland church service, Kokkola
- Tuesday 4th of May between 6.30 a.m. and 7.30 a.m. the gym Kuntokeskus Liikku, Kokkola
- Tuesday 4th of May between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari, Kokkola
- Tuesday 4th of May between 4.30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Kuntokeskus Liikku
- Wednesday 5th of May between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Keski-Pohjanmaan ammattiopisto (the unit at Närvilänkatu 8), the Jobsteri event, Kokkola
- Wednesday 5th of May between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Kokkolan keilahalli (Kokkola bowling alley)
- Wednesday 5th of May between 7 p.m. and 8.30 p.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari, Kokkola
We ask those who visited these places to observe themselves for any symptoms and quickly book an appointment for coronavirus testing even if they have only mild symptoms.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s coronavirus helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- If you have symptoms, please stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing at an early stage and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Use a face mask
- Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer often
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance of 2 metres to other people
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn.