Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite
Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite. The chain of infection is the same as the one we informed about yesterday Friday 7th of May 2021 and on Thursday 6th of May. Those that are known to have been exposed have been contact traced and placed in quarantine. In total, more than a hundred people have been quarantined. No patients with COVID-19 are currently cared being cared for at the Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital.
The coronavirus hygiene instructions and the regional recommendations must be followed. Remember to use masks and maintain safety distances of two metres. The coronavirus situation has long been good in Central Ostrobothnia, but the exposures and infections that have been confirmed during the last few days show that the situation can change quickly if the regional recommendations are not followed.
Now new places of possible exposures to the coronavirus have been added to the list. The places where exposures may have happened are thus:
- Sunday 2nd of May between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Word of Faith Church Finland church service, Kokkola
- Tuesday 4th of May between 6.30 a.m. and 7.30 a.m. the gym Kuntokeskus Liikku, Kokkola
- Tuesday 4th of May between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari, Kokkola
- Tuesday 4th of May between 4.30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Kuntokeskus Liikku
- Wednesday 5th of May between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Keski-Pohjanmaan ammattiopisto (the unit at Närvilänkatu 8), the Jobsteri event, Kokkola
- Wednesday 5th of May between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Kokkolan keilahalli (Kokkola bowling alley)
- Wednesday 5th of May between 7 p.m. and 8.30 p.m. swimming centre Vesiveijari, Kokkola
We ask those who visited these places to observe themselves for any symptoms and quickly book an appointment for coronavirus testing if they have even mild symptoms.
Seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you have only very mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at the address: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s coronavirus helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Children (persons younger than 16 who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7) If you require urgent care, call Soite's Medical Helpline, phone 116 117.