Three new cases of coronavirus infection have been confirmed in Soite’s area — regional corona recommendations remain unchanged
Three new cases of coronavirus infection have once again been confirmed in Soite’s area. The chains of infection have been traced and those exposed have been placed in quarantine.
Current corona statistics in Soite’s area are as follows:
- The number of coronavirus cases during the last 14 days: 9 (the previous number was 3)
- The incidence of infections during the last 14 days/100 000 citizens: 11.5 (the previous number was 3.8)
- 0.6% of the coronavirus tests are positive.
- The number of coronavirus infections that have been confirmed in Soite since the pandemic began: 164
- The traceability of chains of infection is 80% in the hospital district
- The epidemiological situation in Central Ostrobothnia: base level
We would like to heavily stress that you should go test yourself even if you have only mild symptoms indicative of a coronavirus infection, and that you should do this immediately when symptoms appear.
We would also like to firmly stress that facial masks should be used in accordance with recommendations. By using a mask, you help limit the spread of the disease and you also significantly reduce the number of people exposed to the coronavirus.
The use of masks is recommended for persons aged 12 and older:
- in public spaces, such as stores and in other places outside the home
- when using public transport and when in a car together with people who belong to a risk group
- at upper secondary institutes (vocational training and upper secondary school) and universities of applied sciences and universities in the region
- when going to coronavirus tests
- when returning to Finland from a risk country
- you can also use masks in other situations if it is impossible to maintain safety distances.
Regional directives and recommendations remain unchanged
Central Ostrobothnia’s regional COVID-19 authority task group gathered on Wednesday 20th of January 2021 to evaluate the regional situational picture as well as the regional directives and recommendations. The directives and recommendations remain unchanged and in force until 14th of February 2021.
Recommendations regarding recreational activities for children and young people remain unchanged, which enables these to continue as long as they observe safety factors and keep group sizes below 20 individuals. Recreational activities for children and young people such as games and competitions, e.g. skiing competitions, can be arranged as long as no audience is present.
The authority task group has its next meeting on Wednesday 27th of January 2021.
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Cough in your sleeve or in a tissue
- Keep a distance to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- When it’s your turn, take the coronavirus vaccine.
It is important to seek out coronavirus testing even if you only have mild symptoms!
Contact us electronically:
You can contact Soite’s infection reception by filling in the coronavirus symptom check-up in the Omaolo service at: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en. If your symptoms require it, your contact information can be conveyed to Soite or you can book a time yourself via the Omaolo service to the drive-in testing site. The link for making a booking is offered after the symptom check-up has been filled in, if your symptoms require a coronavirus test.
Contact us by phone:
The coronavirus helpline is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on weekends from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., phone 06 828 7499 (adults, over 16-year-old persons who are ill). Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic is open around the clock 24/7, phone 06 826 4444 (for persons younger than 16 who are ill). I you require urgent care, call Soite’s common emergency clinic (i.e. yhteispäivystys/samjouren), phone 116 117.