Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area
Three new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Soite’s area. In two of the cases, the infected persons were already in quarantine and these two infections have thus not led to any new exposures. The third case may have led to a risk of exposure for the coronavirus at the shopping centre Chydenia in Kokkola, in particular in the BikBok store, between the 17th and the 19th of February 2021. Those who have visited the shopping centre during this period may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
We ask that those who have visited the shopping centre during the above-mentioned period keep an eye on their symptoms and seek out coronavirus testing with a low threshold.
Seek out coronavirus testing early even if you have only mild symptoms:
- Online by filling out the coronavirus symptom checker at: https://www.omaolo.fi/?lang=en
- By calling Soite’s corona helpline: 06 828 7499 (open weekdays 8 am to 5 pm and weekends 8 am to 4 pm). Children (under 16-year-old persons who are ill): Soite’s paediatric emergency clinic 06 826 4444 (open around the clock 24/7). If your health requires urgent care, call Soite’s common emergency clinic, phone 116 117.
We also wish to remind of good coronavirus hygiene and of the broader recommendation on the use of face masks that is still in effect in Soite’s area.
The use of face masks is recommended for persons over the age of 12:
- in public spaces such as shops and in other places outside the home
- in public transport and in the transport of persons who belong to an at-risk group
- at upper secondary institutes (vocational training and upper secondary school) and universities of applied sciences and universities in the region
- when going to a coronavirus test
- when returning to Finland from a risk country
- face masks can also be used in other situations if it is impossible to maintain social distances.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing at an early stage and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Use a mask
- Wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer often
- Cough into your sleeve or into a handkerchief
- Keep a distance to other people
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn.